Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory...

Tools    

hmmmm.....I'm not sure.

I'm also not sure about the new cleanly shaved, straight glossy haired depp either.

He doesnt get anywhere near Gene Wilder in the original, I think he looks like a twat as Willy, his hair, man i aint seen hair so straight, not even on a women, but i do think they should make a remake,someone quoted earlier that jim carrey would be a perfect Willy Wonka, but i disagree, i feel carey is to Extravagent, where Willy wonka, is a bit nuts in the head but apart from that normal, alot of careys characters in the past just act like complete tossers
charged the fields at Bannockburn
They fought like warrior poets
They fought like Scotsmen
And won their freedom.

I'd laugh if they cock the film up.

yeah but they cock up nearly every remake, so lets laugh at them all, hahahahaha

yeah, and depp will look like a complete twat aswell. lol

I don't think Jim Carrey or Will Smith could pull this role off personally. I'd like to think Jimmy Fallon would get a shot at it. He can be subtle but he can also be very off-beat and very funny. He also could pull off that purple frock insanely well. If anyone watched Undercover Brother you'll know what I mean.

I think Depp has the adaptability to fit into this role, he hasn't really let us down yet when it comes to improvisation. Will the songs still be in it? It could be great and I can't wait to see Johnny Depp in it because the character seems to tie-in wiht his own character, which is rather odd.

Originally Posted by Tarantino's Assasin
yeah, and depp will look like a complete twat aswell. lol
Although many people don't agree with Johnny Depp's new look for the movie, just remember that it's for the benefeit of his character.

Just saw the trailer! on E!. It was great

"Chewing gum is really gross, chewing gum is what i hate the most"

I cant get a hold of the trailer right now. Jrs will probably post one soon in "The Blog" so keep checking for it!

Wow, i just watched the trailer without sound cause I'm at the campus library but that movie definately looks like it shall be cool. How could it not???

yah well the whole story is bassically changed... well from what ive gathered.. the writer was told what the whole story was about.. but the funny thing is he said that he never saw the original movie. so he did his own interpritation of Charlie and the Chocalete Factory. so .. i looked up some info to see how the movie might turn out. and from what ive seen and heard of is that .. the writer made the more have more of a demontic tone to it meaning.. _ scary, strange,... i dont know but the fact is , is that if your planning to see the movie as a remake of the original and to have the same story line.. i think that you might be dissapointed. so hopefully the writer. and the famous tim burton pull this movie off. i sure that Tims style will be all over the film and im sure the film will be amazing.

In Soviet America, you sue MPAA!
It isn't a remake of the first movie, it's just another adaptation off the famous book, which was very scary and strange.

I like the trailer, I like the Burton style, but Johhny Depp looks incredibly awkward with that forced grin always on his face.

Lets put a smile on that block
OG- is right, its not a remake, if anything from what im aware this film will be more faithful to the book than the Gene Wilder Wonker. I think Depp looks brilliant, i think the fake, strange smile is meant to be part of the character of Wonker. The trailer shows that the film could be as bizarre as it should be! i cant wait!, Plus, it looks as though they may have made the Oompa Loompa's into Beatles'esque rock stars which should be...interesting.

And this is my BOOMstick!
Judging by the trailer, the movie is complete and utter crap.

Originally Posted by Nitzer
Judging by the trailer, the movie is complete and utter crap.
How funny, you just posted in the war of the Worlds thread, saying how good it will be, to which i heartily agree, then you post in here saying how crap this will be, to which i heartily disagree. Chalk and Cheese eh? Ho ho...urp.

You do know that I'm talking about two different movies, right?

Originally Posted by Nitzer
You do know that I'm talking about two different movies, right?
Of Course....this being the Wonker thread and the other one being the War thread. How strange it would be to combine both those films.....

*shudder*

wtf are you talking about?

Ugh. Depp looks creepy, and the look and feel of the film is not at all what I was hoping for. I don't like people mucking up classics, but at the same time, you can't just duplicate them, either. It's like doing a cover of a song and making it sound exactly the same.

I'm tellin' ya'...Kevin Spacey is the only man alive who could fill that purple coat. He's the only non-Wilder guy who can prance about, sing, and drop bizarre pseudo-philosophical one-liners without coming off as a freak.