Court Agrees Woman Penned Matrix

Tools    

In Soviet America, you sue MPAA!
It's a few days old, but I haven't seen this posted yet so I figured I would:

http://www.slccglobelink.com/news/20...s-785067.shtml

Basically, a court finally agreed that the Wachowski's lifted the Matrix from a woman who wrote it in the eighties.

Go Wachowskis!

And this is my BOOMstick!
wtf? that greedy bitch, whats she got to do witht he terminator series? 2.5 billion dollars!

Originally Posted by Nitzer
wtf? that greedy bitch, whats she got to do witht he terminator series? 2.5 billion dollars!
Well excuse her for wanting recognition for material which was based on her work.

I just know they're coming to kill me.
Originally Posted by projectMayhem
Well excuse her for wanting recognition for material which was based on her work.
Agreed. I couldn't read all of it, anyone know what it said about Terminator 2?

A system of cells interlinked
Zoinks!

I want to read "The Third Eye" now...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA - Those Matrix turds. What a bunch of ratty bastards.
The individual words are jumbled then the spaces are removed. PM the answer to me. First one with the answer wins.

Randomly visiting for now
Well all's well ends well. We the movie goers got to see the matrix movies, The Wachowski brothers have their tons of money which they obtained in not such an honest way and so now they have to share it with the original creater, they're still rich as. It seems like a happy ending to me.

This shows how out to lunch the major media is.

This story broke in October of 2003. Yes, 2003. It never hit any of the major media such as CNN, NY Times, HBO, People Magazine, Entertainment Tonight, Newsweek, or any other large media firm because they are ALL owned by Time/Warner/AOL....

Well I am glad she is getting what she deserves. I hate it when people try to look brilliant by trying to pawn off other peoples ideas as there own.

I remember hearing something about this earlier… but then forgot all about it when nothing else was said about it...

AiSv Nv wa do hi ya do...
(Walk in Peace)

RIP www.moviejustice.com 2002-2010
I'm glad our courts and laws are dealing with things like this and animal rights and such instead of criminals.

http://www.movieforums.com/community...ad.php?t=26201

Originally Posted by iluv2viddyfilms
I'm glad our courts and laws are dealing with things like this and animal rights and such instead of criminals.

Theft is a crime… thieves are criminals.

Originally Posted by iluv2viddyfilms
Excellent comment - except for the whole thing about assuming our judicial system is only able to focus on one thing at a time. So I guess your comment wasn't all that grand.

Hmmm, doesn't stealing art make these people criminals? Hence the whole you have to pay 2.5 billion dollars thing? These criminals are just as important, if not more important than your average thug. I'm concerned that a company like Time/Warner owns so much of the major media, that this story went unnoticed for over a year.

RIP www.moviejustice.com 2002-2010
White collar crime, imbezzleing (sp), and other non-violent crimes are just as important.

Who stole who's idea for a bad movie really doesn't interest me that much.