I am depressed, what should I watch?

Tools    

Watch Easy A.

Dear Depressed,

May I suggest a good natured John Candy movie to lift your spirits. Uncle Buck paired with Summer Rental will do wonders to ease your burden and wash your troubles away.

delirious
the great outdoors

these are john candy finest comedy gems
yeaaah!

Come on G.P., which one did you pick? If youre debating, Friday Night Lights is a keeper, it will really surprise you

The Big Lebowski
“Let me tell you something you already know. The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place and I don't care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't about how hard ya hit. It's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. How much you can take and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!” ~ Rocky Balboa

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
"Harry and Tonto" is very heartwarming and inspiring, and it's my favorite movie ever.. It's on NetFlix if you want to see it.

Most of my favorite movies might not be best for you. I find "Buffalo '66" a very, very funny movie, which is On-Demand if you have Comcast.

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
Srpski film
Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.

Damn, sad to hear that mate.

Try,

Seven Pounds
Ida
Toy Story franchise or animated films in general
Fruitvale Station
The Green Mile
The Elephant Man
Million Dollar Baby
127 Hours
The Before Trilogy
Tree of Life

Since you didn't want too specific recommendations, this is a very weird mixed bag of movies. But one thing they all have in common is that they helped me in situations like yours. Some may or may not be purely personal while some may work for you too.

Stay positive man.

I'm going to go with films that bring some sort of spiritual insight (... or something).

The Wizard of Oz (1939 - everything we need is already within each of us).

It's a Wonderful Life (1946 - the penultimate lesson about feeling bad for yourself).

The Elephant Man (1980 - when you're feeling bad, this movie makes you realize your problems are nothing, comparatively).

Revenge of the Nerds (1984 - a story about victory for those who are outcast and downtrodden).

Ferris Bueller's Day Off (1986 - it's hard to remain depressed upon watching this, plus, it can encourage you to relax and take a day off).

Planes, Trains and Automobiles (1987 - with a wink to Citizen Rules! Candy and Martin make some laughs in a story with some strong messages about loneliness, loss and friendship).

Heart & Souls (1993 - feel good movie with deep message).

Glory (1989 - Just a good movie that always takes me somewhere else).

Flatliners (1990 - why what we do in life is important, so make the best of it).

Shawshank Redemption (1994 - the "get busy livin' or get busy dyin'" thing usually helps motivate me).

Apollo 13 (1995 - a story of a real life miracle against all odds that's always uplifting & just a good movie to boot).

Castaway
(2000 - survival movies help put things in perspective).

Too many to list, but just about any sports movie will do - almost all of them are good to help get you out of a funk - I think that's why they are one of my favorite genres even though I have little interest in real life professional sports.

Defending Your Life (1991 - one of my favorite underrated, conceptual movies that always makes me feel better when depressed.)

Babe (1995 - not only is it a movie "that everyone loves" - even though they keep deleting it from that list - but it's a fable that brings out the child in each of us).

My Dog Skip (2000 - bitter sweet heartwarming tearjerker about a boy and his dog).

If one is depressed and One Movie Does Not Do It Then I Suggest The Pirates Of The Caribbean Movies. Despite what some critics say Adventure Movies like this or Maybe Indiana Jones would be great. People always need good escape movies and movies not based in to day or real modern events is the best kind of despression escape. While I Love Game Of Thrones I think there is just too much well things in it that just might not make one feel better if are depressed.

Legally Blonde 2
Rectify
Friday Night Lights
First 3 seasons of LOST
Middle seasons of Buffy The Vampire Slayer
The Shield
Breaking Bad
How I met your mother
captain ron
pure luck
serial mom
walk of shame
ghost town
Monty Python and the Holy Grail
Rosemary's Baby
The Innocents
Two for the Road
Morgan!
The Endless Summer
Uncle Buck
Summer Rental
delirious
the great outdoors
"Harry and Tonto"
"Buffalo '66"
Ida
Fruitvale Station
The Green Mile
The Elephant Man
Million Dollar Baby
127 Hours
The Before Trilogy
Tree of Life
The Wizard of Oz (1939
It's a Wonderful Life (1946
The Elephant Man (1980
Revenge of the Nerds (1984
Ferris Bueller's Day Off (1986
Planes, Trains and Automobiles (1987
Heart & Souls (1993
Glory (1989
Flatliners (1990
Shawshank Redemption (1994
Apollo 13 (1995
Castaway (2000
Lost in translation
Little miss sunshine
Silver linings playbook
ace Ventura pet detective.
Defending Your Life (1991
Babe (1995
My Dog Skip (2000
The Pirates Of The Caribbean Movies.
Maybe Indiana Jones

This is everything that was suggested by everyone to Genesis Pig. Im really curious what he watched.

In my opinion a lot of films suggested might be ok but then again maybe he might need more mood lifting films. I say escape is the way too go. I saw Million Dollar Baby A Movie Which I liked well enough but it kinda has a depressing end.
Now Rocky would be a better Movie if he wanted too see a Boxing flick but if its a female fighter Girl Fight would be good their too.

Love how TONGO loves to organise everything, in the Survivor he always keeps the count of the votes

I don't think he should watch Inside out if he is sad though

Love how TONGO loves to organise everything, in the Survivor he always keeps the count of the votes

I don't think he should watch Inside out if he is sad though
Maybe he should tbh. The message is great and actually very fitting for a depressed person.

I've been down with stress/depression myself and while uplifting movies help me temporarily, I felt like it was the deep emotional movies close to my own feelings that really spoke to me. That's why some of my own recommendations were a mix of such movies as well...