Friendship in movies, who had the best bond?

Tools    

I always like in watching movies about buddies, either actiob movies or dramas, i find that giving the characteristic of friendship a real meaning, does a lot to the character development and the overall immersion in how the film develops this friendship, i am very fond of the buddy cop movies in the 80s and 90s, bad boys, lethal weapon series, tango and cash.
But on the other hand i like to mention one particularly great bond btw 2 actors in cinema history, and what i am talking about here is the friendship that builds between once two enemies on the fighting stage to become the best friendship between two men who care for each other and advise each other.
So i am gonna mention the best friendship shown on the screen between buddies:
1-rocky balboa and appollo creed, for me this is shown as one of the best friendships in cinema to my beliefs at least.
2-lethal weapon series
3-bad boys
4-tango and cash.
Have your say

Rocky Balboa and Apollo CREENA really is an example of friendship and devotion

Welcome to the human race...
The dudes in Bad Boys have such an unconvincing friendship, like I get how you might constantly bicker with your best friend but they are somehow so mean about it (or at least Will Smith is) that when they have the inevitable "bad boys for life" moment in both movies it just seems so hollow and forced as if to remind you that yes these guys are the best of friends and co-workers. Probably one of my least favourite buddy-cop pairs.

As for my picks, well, pretty much every pair of characters played by these two...

Star Wars: New Hope, Obi Wan & Luke.
R2 D2 & C3PO had a good friendship run in the entire series.

Jaws had a nice friendship developing between the two leads.

Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid

Shaun of the Dead had a cute ending.

Love, Rosie. Though it ends up in love.

Toy Story

Sholay

Welcome to the human race...
As much as I may like that movie, I don't think that it quite fits the criteria set out by the OP, especially considering that

WARNING: "Withnail & I" spoilers below
the film ends with the friendship apparently breaking up

The kids from Stand by Me were pretty close. As a kid, I used to want to be their friend too.

Also, the cops from End of Watch.

Sorry Harmonica.......I got to stay here.

White and Exley from L.A. Confidential

They hate each other at first-- White thinks Exley is a ladder-climbing bureaucrat, and Exley thinks White is a mindless thug. But they are the only 2 cops with pure intentions, and that bonds their friendship. One of my all time faves.

Spoiler below

Clint Eastwood and Manis the orangutan in the Every Which Way films

Professor X and Magneto is a particular favourite, given that they can be at loggerheads so much but basically always come back to knowing they're not enemies.

Actually the Doctor and the Master in Doctor Who is a similar relationship, at least in the beginning; as is Blake and Avon in Blake's 7.

… and of course Obi-Wan and Anakin in Star Wars, which really should have been a lot better presented in the prequels. You get a much better sense of a friendship from Alec Guinness in a couple of words .

Clouseau and Dreyfus in the Pink Panther movies.

Seriously, I find that Eddie Murphy and Nick Nolte as Jack Cates in (Another) 48 Hours maybe had the best chemistry except that one that I've seen. It's always male-type comical, let's not make this too serious type of thing, and yet they became what I don't know if I could call it friendship, but I think Hill made the following scene if for nothing else, then to make it clear. It was serious that time. And Eddie and Nick cracked me up once again.

It was when Nick's boss just couldn't stop bitchin, so nick finaly cracked.

Hey, let me tell you something about him! He's got more balls than any cop I've ever worked with and he's got more brains than you'll ever know!

Owen (Sam Rockwell) and Duncan (Liam James) in The Way Way Back

Andy Dufresne (Tim Robbins) and Red (Morgan Freeman) in The Shawshank Redemption

Adam (Joseph Gordon-Levitt) and Kyle (Seth Rogen) in 50/50

"I smell sex and candy here" - Marcy Playground
These two...

Macaulay Culkin and Anna Chlumsky in My Girl (1991)

Owen (Sam Rockwell) and Duncan (Liam James) in The Way Way Back

Andy Dufresne (Tim Robbins) and Red (Morgan Freeman) in The Shawshank Redemption

Adam (Joseph Gordon-Levitt) and Kyle (Seth Rogen) in 50/50
I love all three of these though I had a hard time getting behind the relationship in The Way Way Back initially...the kid was so moody and miserable I culdn't get what Sam Rockwell's character saw in the kid.

Thanks guys very good examples u remind me of movies i forgot about, keep em coming

Top 10 Buddy Movies

1. Spring Breakers (2012)

2. Thelma & Louise (1991)

3. Hot Fuzz (2007)

4. Tropic Thunder (2008)

5. The Nice Guys (2016)

6. Savages (2012)

7. Bend It Like Beckham (2002)

8. The Interview (2014)

9. Keanu (2016)

10. Horrible Bosses 2 (2014)