Michael Caine

Tools    

I have always been a big fan of this guy, especially after watching Get Carter.

Just happened to get my hands on a film called Too Late The Hero.
Half way through it already, a very enjoyable film.
Also heard of a film called Play Dirty, another war adventure with him in the lead.

This guy has so many other good films, that rarely get spoken about today.

Good whiskey make jackrabbit slap de bear.
I always felt he brought a fitting amount of class to the Christopher Nolan films he has small roles in.

Other than that, I actually haven't watched many films he's been in.

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
The original Alfie is an awesome film. He made spy Harry Palmer famous in The Ipcress File and Funeral in Berlin. The original The Italian Job kicks the remake's ass and has one of the best endings ever. The Man Who Would Be King is a terrific adventure film with Sean Connery as his partner. He was superb in the wonderful original Sleuth and the lesser but still-entertaining Deathtrap. You have to love him in Woody Allen's Hannah and Her Sisters, the dark comedy The Wrong Box, the exotic caper Gambit, the sexy Blame It on Rio and many others. Here are just a few of his other better films: Educating Rita, Children of Men, The Cider House Rules, Zulu, Battle of Britain, Noises Off... , Pulp, Dressed to Kill, Quills and Dirty Rotten Scoundrels. He's definitely somebody who should be known for more than just Get Carter and Christopher Nolan flicks.

He's definitely somebody who should be known for more than just Get Carter and Christopher Nolan flicks.
I agree there, but I have seen & appreciated a lot of his movies, in fact I grew up with his films.
It was just Get Carter that made me think "Damn! this guy is cool & now my favorite actor"

I love Zulu. & I have mentioned Italian Job here a lot of times & how it is much better than that horrible remake.
& I also loved him in The Eagle Has Landed & A Bridge too Far.
Had no idea he was in Battle of Britain, now I have to watch that.
He seems to have done a lot of war films.

I have seen The Man Who Would be King twice & the second time it ended up in my Top 100.

From the Palmer series, I have only seen Ipcress File & Billion Dollar Brian.

Also, Escape to Victory is one movie that I have watched a lot of times with my dad. Especially cos he is a big fan of Pele.

I also loved him in Too Late The Hero, he plays an arrogant british officer. Quite an underrated film IMO.
I started this thread in hopes that people would talk of his earlier & lesser known films.

Princess of Power
I also grew up with a lot of Michael Caine's films on the TV. The first film I ever saw of his was Zulu. There was just something about his voice and screen presence that keep me watching a film like that at such a young age.

I've also enjoyed his classics like Alfie, The Italian Job and Get Carter, but looking at his catalogue of work on IMDb I dont feel like i've even scratched the surface.

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
I just remembered another good Michael Caine film, The Wilby Conapiracy with Sidney Poitier. It works as a straight-up adventure and a spoof of itself. This video has nothing to do with it.

I never could get the hang of Thursdays.
I enjoy his terrible singing in The Muppets Christmas Carol every year

The Quiet American is an often overlooked movie which I thought was pretty good.