Child Actors All Grown Up

Tools    

Taylor Momsen has to get a mention - she's truly grown up on screen and what a transformation it has been!
Starting off in The Grinch as sweet and innocent Cindy Lou, then on to Spy Kids 2 and Hansel and Gretel. Move on to teen-hit Gossip Girl and she totally changed over the progression of the show. Her music was totally at odds to the characters she played on-screen at a young age and her attitude on set of Gossip Girl was rumoured to be dreadful. She has truly grown up in front of our eyes.

"Honor is not in the Weapon. It is in the Man"
Liliana Mumy, the daughter of another former child star Billy Mumy, appeared in The Santa Clause 2 and 3 as Charlie's half-sister, who called Tim Allen's Santa "Uncle Scott". Today, she is a voice actress in various cartoons.

An 80's child action star is today somewhat of a major name in today's action films, Kane Kosugi. The son on Ninja film star Sho Kosugi, Kane made his debut at the age of 8 in Revenge of the Ninja, Kane appears in films and TV in Japan, the U.S., and China today.

You can't win an argument just by being right!
Billy Mumy from Lost in Space? She has the trademark red hair. Cute kid and lovely looking adult.

Liliana Mumy, the daughter of another former child star Billy Mumy, appeared in The Santa Clause 2 and 3 as Charlie's half-sister, who called Tim Allen's Santa "Uncle Scott". Today, she is a voice actress in various cartoons.
Billy Mumy from Lost in Space? She has the trademark red hair. Cute kid and lovely looking adult.
Nice girl. In the Nineties Bill would be on screen many a week in Babylon 5 but I was busy looking at someone else !

One thing I never knew until recently was that the young girl in Lost in Space was Veronica Cartwright's sister. The difference in tone between that and Alien's immense isn't it ?

You can't win an argument just by being right!
Nice girl. In the Nineties Bill would be on screen many a week in Babylon 5 but I was busy looking at someone else !

One thing I never knew until recently was that the young girl in Lost in Space was Veronica Cartwright's sister. The difference in tone between that and Alien's immense isn't it ?
Oh my lordy lord, I would never have known!

Shane Kosugi, like older brother Kane, appeared in the 80's ninja films starring their father Sho Kosugi.While Kane went on to become a successful action actor, Shane took a break from acting but returned in 2003 with a small role in The Last Samurai opposite Tom Cruise.

Shane (in the bandage) and Kane in Pray for Death (1985)

Shane today, as he is one of the main instructors of his father's martial arts/filmmaking school in Japan

Haley Joel Osment. Still acting and seems to have had a lot of work but I havent seen him in anything that I know since Sixth Sense.
Dear lord!

Alex D. Linz, the kid for Home Alone 3 (which featured Scarlett Johansson as his sister hehe)
Then

Now
He grew up to be Nicolas Pesce?

Wang Zhenwei, who played bully Cheng in the 2010 remake of The Karate Kid

Wang is in the middle

Here's another child actor who would go on to become a legend in Hong Kong action cinema. Sammo Hung. He made his debut at 7 with a film called Education of Love in 1961.
1961:

2016:

Here's another Hong Kong child star turned action legend: David Chiang (John Keung).

8-year old David in Blind Love in 1956

As the New One-Armed Swordsman in 1971

And in 2016's From Vegas to Macau 3

Just learned today that Mercedes McNab who played the snooty little kid in the Addams Family movies grew up to be a Playboy centerfold.

And Christina Ricci grew up to be... 5'1"...