Judge Dredd Remake

Tools    

Wagner said that this is the movie that all fans will love, I have no other choice but to trust Wagner's opinion.

But from the trailer, this looks like this could be good.

Hate those lawmasters though.

From the looks of the tailer this is a definite step in the right direction i.e. grittier and more adult orientated.

I take it all back about Urban who looks and sounds spot on as Dredd. He's clearly channelling Clint Eastwood which is exactly as it should be considering the character was inspired by Dirty Harry. The costume has been toned down and looks more practical which is another smart move becasue Stallone's Dredd looked all kinds of goofy in his OTT outfit. Love the 'It's Judgement time', 'I'm the law' and 'The sentence is death' lines. I got shivers and am sold on this big time.

Only draw back is that other aspects of the production design look underdeveloped. I'm refering to the sparse city scape which is a dead givaway for South Africa as opposed to New York and the US east coast - certainly don't get Mega City One from that. Also the vehicles and many of the guns (lawgiver and lawmaster excluded) look way too current and not futruristic enough. Incidentally, I'd have sacked any art designer on the spot for coming up with that lawmaster design. I guess needs be though.

Overall I can live with these imperfections becasue Urban looks so convincing. I'm expecting more of an Escape From New York type movie considering the budget restrictions (that one wasn't shot in, and doesn't pass for New York either). It does have a top notch hero and cult following though.

In short, the Dredd re-boot is clearly an underdog and I'm rooting for it.

I am guessing they couldn't afford a futuristic city, same goes for the Lawmaster.
I wish they had the city to look like what they done in RoboCop 3. Also the vehicles on the road look to 90's to current era.
Anyway like I said, I am not complaining cos I was satisfied enough.

I always knew Karl Urban would pull off a good Dredd.. My second choice was Dominic Purcell.

Maybe they could jump time in the sequel & have a futuristic city. i.e. if the movie performs well & can afford a better budget.

Awww, come on.. He's good.. I love the way he alters his look.
From Irrefutable Truth About Demons to Ghost ship to LOTR to Doom to to Pathfinder to Star Trek, he managed to fit the role quite well.

Who would have thought he would pull off that doctor in Star Trek, but he did.

Sit Ubu Sit.... Good Dog
I am really stoked after watching the trailer, I really had my doubts when I first heard about this but no really so much now. However I think calling this a "remake" may be going a bit to far, this just looks like a sequel, kinda like the Predators style sequel all new cast and time period but still good.

Sit Ubu Sit.... Good Dog
Awww, come on.. He's good.. I love the way he alters his look.
From Irrefutable Truth About Demons to Ghost ship to LOTR to Doom to to Pathfinder to Star Trek, he managed to fit the role quite well.

Who would have thought he would pull off that doctor in Star Trek, but he did.
I'll be damned he was in LOTR, thanks genesis I did not know that. I really did not even pay any attention to him as an actor till Star Trek, but that's probably just me.

You didn't recognise the trademark grimace of Eomer?

Wowsers...

I'm looking forward to Dredd. It looks like a more respective outtake of the 2000AD comic than Stallone's monstrosity.
Let's face it... Deuce Bigalow isn't in this one...

I didn't think that the Danny Cannon version was all that bad. It had some good stuff in it. This looks like it could be decent, def. agree with genesis pig that Karl Urban looks like a good Dredd. My only issue is that the film looks a little too stylised, which is disappointing because I was led to believe that this was going to be a grittier take on Dredd.

I like how Urban was true to his word about the physicality of Dredd, though. Instead of being this pumped up roid monkey, he's got a nice lean build, kinda like a boxer.

Yeah, read the reviews as well. Sounds like it's a fun violent roller coaster. Just what I need.

I just watched the original movie about two days it awesome, this was is going to look much better, but I hope they don't turn it into a cg movie that does not keep a good story-line.

"I am the Law!"

Some first preview reviews have rather liked it. It's pretty good apparently and Urban is perfect in the role. If you look some posts above there are some reviews.

I'll give it a chance.

Doesn't sound very promising. Sounds like a low budget thing.
Low budget or not, as long as it's better than the original.