The Raven (2011)

Tools    

The Raven (2011)

Starring: John Cusack.
Director: James McTeigue (Ninja Assassin, The Invasion, V For Vendetta)

A fictionalized account of the last days of Edgar Allan Poe's life, in which the poet is in pursuit of a serial killer whose murders mirror those in the writer's stories.

Semper Fooey
I heard about this one. A little too unbelievable high concept for my taste. Remember when Michael Jackson was going to play Poe in a movie?

The only movie from the director's credit which I care about is Vendetta. Not sure about the truth in the rumour that the Wachowskis ghost-directed it.
Ninja Assassin was entertaining on the big screen just for the action, very forgettable.
Not seen The Invasion, don't plan to either.

I only hope this is as good From Hell.

I will definitely see this. Poe is my favorite poet. The man was absolutely brilliant. A genius.

\m/ Fade To Black \m/
I hope it doesnt have this idiot in it

Watched this last night. It gets off to a bit of an awkward start as the characters try and establish the mood and tones of what's a period piece. But once it gets going it's really, really good. Solid acting and really great cinematography. Completely enjoyed it.

Oh, and Alice Eve is always a joy to watch.

Smells mystical, doesn't it?
Cusack as Poe seems all wrong, haha.

It's on NF Instant right now. Gonna watch tonight. Very low expectations.
#31 on SC's Top 100 Mofos list!!

I thought Cusack was excellent as Poe and would still have been a good choice had the movie been, say, a biopic.

The movie itself was good but not anything particularly special.

Maybe I liked this more than most of you because I couldn't give a flying **** about Poe? I'm with WT that this could've been any nameless Victorian.

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
What the hell was with the end credits music? Talk about completely out of place.

Anyways, the film was hit and miss for me. The gothic atmosphere was nice, but the story left me wanting more, not in a good way.

Very mediocre film.

Suspect's Reviews

I don`t like these movies based on some great book, novella or poem. They just never can reach the same level.

I don`t like these movies based on some great book, novella or poem. They just never can reach the same level.
Going by that criteria, you've no reason to dislike The Raven then.

The Raven

Rating 6.5/10
Director :James McTeigue Writer : Ben Livingston, Hannah Shakespere
Stars: John Cusack,Alice Eve, Luke Evans