The White Stripes vs. Mikey

Tools    

Originally Posted by Sedai
HAHA! Fair enough. Really though, The Stripes are SOOOOOOO bad. Just terrible stuff, and they live performance I caught showcased their inability to keep tempo, or actually play instruments. Sorry man, No respect for hacks!
Now, undoubtedly, Mikey's been smoking something rather potent tonight otherwise he wouldn't say such silly things. Clearly, TWS are, along with Queens of the stone age, Muse and possibly The Mars Volta (if they ever get their s*it back together), the greatest rock band of our time...so, let's all mock his silly, misguided electro ways...

I never could get the hang of Thursdays.
Hmm...I'm somewhere in between on this one. I don't think they're hacks, but I don't think they're in the same league as Muse, either. I used to like them, loved Fell in love with a girl and Hotel Yorba, but then they were just everywhere and started to irritate me. Some of the more recent stuff has been good, though.

HACKS?!?
Far from it sir.

Inability to keep tempo? Weird mostly people say that is all Meg can do, and you don't think she can even do that? What songs have you been listening to? I've seen them live and they were spot on!

Can't play instruments?!
Jack White is one of the best out there today, and ranked 17th all time in Rolling Stones mag. Oh he can play! He can SHRED! Oh and also #1 on best live bands playing today also by RS.

Case & Point

I've never really heard anybody who thinks The White Stripes are truely bad. I've heard of people disliking them, you know cause its just not their cup of tea, so the only conclusion I can come up with is that Sedai....your jealous

and did you ever check out The Black Keys Sedai?

Mikey just doesn't understand teh rock.

I've seen them live once and that's still the best gig I've ever been to, absolutely blew me away. People complain about Meg's drumming but I think it complements Jack's skills perfectly...(I like the Stripes better than The Racounteurs). They essentially reinvented classic garage rock and put it back on the charts...I don't see how anyone could do that by sucking terribly...

Oh her drumming mos def fits with Jack's licks. Yeah I like the Stripes better than The Raconteurs too, I can't wait for their new album tho. Would love to see them live.

Where did you see Jack And Meg adidasss?

Have you seen this vid? Probably my favorite version of this song.

Thanks for the vid, it's freakin awesome..I love that song... I too eagerly await some new material from them...

I saw the stripes in Croatia believe it or not, and at the time I wasn't even that into them but we don't get to see many quality bands here so I thought why not. As soon as he played the first note I was having multiple orgasms...it was just one of those rare gigs where the sound is just right, the band is tight, the audience responsive...amazing. Hope they come back, although highly unlikely...