25.78%
33 votes
sure do *lights up a ciggy and inhales deeply*ahhh
14.84%
19 votes
only ganja man
128 votes. You may not vote on this poll

I'm not old, you're just 12.
I don't like smoking, and I don't really hang out with people who do smoke, but I can understand the addiction.

I want to punch pot smokers in the face, however. I mean we all look the other way on it, but then when I go to Dairy Queen and some chucklehead can't even get my order right cause he's too high, thats the end of the line, people.

https://shawnsmovienight.blogspot.com/

I experimented with smoking during the summer of 2000. It was not for me. I smoked 3 cigarettes at a time and got sick. I also didn't really enjoy the act of smoking - holding the cigarette, puffing, everything about it. Someone bought me a pack of cigarettes, I smoked a few of them (at my job, everyone smoked at that job) and I remember that when I was down to only 13 left, I threw them all away. That was it - haven't had a cigarette since. I wouldn't want to smoke now, I believe they can kill you... but I don't mind the smell, or being around people who smoke, even though I've heard second hand smoke is more dangerous than actually smoking.

A system of cells interlinked
I smoked cigs for about 6 years back in my teen years and early 20s, then I gave it up. Occassionally, when I am quite drunk, I will have a cig, and it makes me feel terrible. Silly, me.

You are the apple of my eye anyways
Well I started smoking cigs when I was 15. Very small at first, but now 17 I probably smoke a whole pack in the span of 2 hours. Yes sad I know. The only one I smoke cigarettes (aside from the kids at school, We're aloud to smoke cigarettes on the property) with is well my best friend. He started before me and him being 18 now he buys like 2 packs every 2 weeks or so. Also each time a different brand.
I want to quit just dont see it happing anytime soon But this doesn't really bother me much at all, forgive me for being a sucker for a cigarette while I do some project for school and Model United Nation positions papers, BLah blah blah. Its a stress reliever. Besides Ive done worser things than smoke a cigarette, and all my friends have there own vices as well: Sex, Drugs, Gambling, Alcohol, especially drugs, I believe they're no big deal

Also ganja's better and every pot smoker is not mentally retarded. I know kids who smoke pot more than I do, and there going to colleges, have straight A's the whole 9 yards.

Alcohol is a far more worse killer than cigarettes and weed.

Blah-blah-blah, we all know of other people who can smoke weed, drink every night, and walk on tight ropes over the grand canyon, but why in the hell would that mean you or I could do that? The percentage of people who can be productive while doing drugs is very small. I'm comfortable saying anyone reading this isn't in that small percentage. If you don't believe me, set the steamroller down and lay off the bong for 6 months and then try to tell me you aren't more productive. Stupid clowns.

I still think smoking is retarded unless I'm drunk.
The individual words are jumbled then the spaces are removed. PM the answer to me. First one with the answer wins.

love peace and chicken grease
I dont smoke but i have tried a few times its not for me. It doesn't bother me that much though my brother and alot of his friends smoke so im used to being around it. I actually kind of like the smell a little I dont know why.
By streams that never find the sea;
Over snow by winter sown,
And through the merry flowers of June,
Over grass and over stone,
And under mountains in the moon.

I'm not old, you're just 12.
Originally Posted by Kitsune Castle

every pot smoker is not mentally retarded. I know kids who smoke pot more than I do, and there going to colleges, have straight A's the whole 9 yards.

Alcohol is a far more worse killer than cigarettes and weed.
All the ones I've ever met are. I'd much rather be able to think and not need a crutch like weed to deal with life.

Lets put a smile on that block
I'm an occasional smoker. Took it up at UNi as everyone was doing it and it was nice to have a roll up and a cup of tea. Do you guys have loose tobacco in the States? When i was over there last, the only kind i could see was chewing tobacco. YUK.
I sometimes get a packet of baccy and might have a few roll ups when im stressed or relaxing. I see it as a guilty pleasure more than a habit. For example, i havnt had a ciggarette for about 5 weeks as of today as i havnt been stressed or felt like i need one. but i'm sure i'll have some more soon. As for passive smoking, i know this will make me sound like a hypocrite, but i HATE breathing in other peoples smoke. I HATE smokey clubs. i cannot wait for the smoking ban to take affect over here this July.

And as for the green. I smoke it about once or twice every two weeks, but i do make sure i smoke a day before i havnt got anything big to do as it wipes me out for the next day.

Originally Posted by Monkeypunch
All the ones I've ever met are. I'd much rather be able to think and not need a crutch like weed to deal with life.
A crutch you say. One does not need weed to live. I think you've got your drugs mixed up. Were talking about pot a simple weed that grows in the ground. You must not know to much people, to only know shmucks, who dick around, and have no purpose in life.

Originally Posted by PimpDaShizzle 2.0
Blah-blah-blah, we all know of other people who can smoke weed, drink every night, and walk on tight ropes over the grand canyon, but why in the hell would that mean you or I could do that? The percentage of people who can be productive while doing drugs is very small. I'm comfortable saying anyone reading this isn't in that small percentage. If you don't believe me, set the steamroller down and lay off the bong for 6 months and then try to tell me you aren't more productive. Stupid clowns.

I still think smoking is retarded unless I'm drunk.
Unless I'm drunk? Alchol causes more deaths per year than cigs do, my fathers an aclholic, but also I have had my own problems with it aswell. How exactly do you know for sure every productive pot smoker? Listen to yourself.How about this smart ass, I have straight A's. You all look down on people who smoke pot, because you really don't know what your talking ABOUT. First off merely waitng a week or so I can feel normal. Even so when I smoke pot with my friends we converse on philosophy, music and life. Not abunch of dudes just blazing up a telling eachother dick and fart jokes. Thats what the general misconeption of pot smokers are people who cant even count to five, and sit in there rooms doing nothing productive with their life.
You dont know me, so dont tell me. I read, exercise, and other numerous things while high and sober. Infact I have straight A's, attend Model United Nations, and I'm the leader of my schools Spanish club. Now you tell me I dont do anything productive. I am able to think function and go about my day without smoking pot.

You dont know me, so dont tell me. I read, exercise, and other numerous things while high and sober. Infact I have straight A's, attend Model United Nations, and I'm the leader of my schools Spanish club. Now you tell me I dont do anything productive. I am able to think function and go about my day without smoking pot.
I daresay you do these things in spite of smoking pot, and certainly not because of them, which is what I think the "crutch" comment was meant to infer. Any sort of high is going to create hurdles of some kind. The fact that you have apparently managed to jump those hurdles (so far) doesn't mean they don't exist.

Infact I have straight A's, attend Model United Nations, and I'm the leader of my schools Spanish club.
I remember hearing about Model U.N. over the announcements at my high school. I thought it had something to do with modeling... I often wondered where my invitation was.

Originally Posted by Monkeypunch
Yea my brother is 29 and has been smoking weed since he was 16 and he does so everyday and he is three years away from becoming a college professor. I also have been smoking for about two years and I do very well in school I run for the school track team and am all around the same person I was befor I started. People just look at pot smoking stereotypes and assume we are all worthless lazy morons. Please you shouldn't judge people you do not know and just because you probobly think too highly of you're self to befriend a pot smoker and learn a thing or too about something you clearly have no idea about

Originally Posted by Yoda
I daresay you do these things in spite of smoking pot, and certainly not because of them, which is what I think the "crutch" comment was meant to infer. Any sort of high is going to create hurdles of some kind. The fact that you have apparently managed to jump those hurdles (so far) doesn't mean they don't exist.
Lol!! What kind of hurdles does smoking a joint in the evening create?

Its a plant used for it's recreational value. It would be different if I were talking about Cocaine, or Herione. If you arent able to act or control yourself after smoking a joint. You shouldn't be doing it in the first place. But then again no two people have the same reaction to the same substance. Its either for you or it isn't.
I felt like an idiot when I drank, and now that I dont I choose to smoke pot instead, and there is nothing wrong with that. Because its my decision. If someone doesnt have the common sense to see and counteract with lifes "hurdles" (as you say) under the influence of these substances then they had no business experimenting in the first place. Yet I am not one of those individuals.
If you dont like weed, or ciggs more power to you. Like I said its your own choice. Thats the kind of society we live in. Everyone makes their own choices.
"You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist. "

Originally Posted by adidasss
Lol!! What kind of hurdles does smoking a joint in the evening create?
The same kind created by getting drunk. It involves spending time and money in exchange for a dulled reaction time, less coherent thought, and a severe lack of judgement as to what is and is not funny. If that's what you want, hey, that's your choice (as Kitsune pointed out). But don't delude yourself into thinking it doesn't mess with you. If it didn't, you wouldn't want to do it.

Trying to justify pot is like trying to justify candy bars. Both are entirely unnecessary and, from a strictly logical standpoint, pointless. That's not to say either is evil, or even much of a problem. But it's nonsensical to pretend that either has any genuine, redeeming value.

This should all go without saying, but seeing as how I only had a sarcastic reply (complete with superfluous exclamation mark) to go on, I felt the need to spell things out.

The same kind created by getting drunk. It involves spending time and money in exchange for a dulled reaction time, less coherent thought, and a severe lack of judgement as to what is and is not funny. If that's what you want, hey, that's your choice (as Kitsune pointed out). But don't delude yourself into thinking it doesn't mess with you. If it didn't, you wouldn't want to do it.

Trying to justify pot is like trying to justify candy bars. Both are entirely unnecessary and, from a strictly logical standpoint, pointless. That's not to say either is evil, or even much of a problem. But it's nonsensical to pretend that either has any genuine, redeeming value.

This should all go without saying, but seeing as how I only had a sarcastic reply (complete with superfluous exclamation mark) to go on, I felt the need to spell things out.
Well, why do we do anything in life then, aside from things that ensure we make it 'till tomorrow? Pot's redeeming value is that it relaxes some people, makes them laugh a bit, and in some instances, makes you think, which to you seems like a paradox, but that's just because, and this is just a presumptuous assumption, you haven't tried it. From a strictly logical standpoint, I'd hardly call those things pointless. That's like saying watching films is pointless, but it's not, we do it because we want to be entertained. Same with pot.

Well, why do we do anything in life then, aside from things that ensure we make it 'till tomorrow?
What I'm saying does not exclude anything unrelated to basic survival. I believe in knowledge for its own sake, and it's quite obvious that there's more to life than things which directly increase your likelihood for living. But there are some things which feel good that people seek out for comfort, but that they would probably be better off without, overall. I group things like junk food and recreational drugs in this category.

Pot's redeeming value is that it relaxes some people, makes them laugh a bit, and in some instances, makes you think, which to you seems like a paradox, but that's just because, and this is just a presumptuous assumption, you haven't tried it. From a strictly logical standpoint, I'd hardly call those things pointless. That's like saying watching films is pointless, but it's not, we do it because we want to be entertained. Same with pot.
Again, I don't really have much of anything against pot. I think it should be legal and couldn't care much less who smokes it or why. But I think it's a huge stretch to pretend it has as much value as cinema, or any other art form, for that matter.

This next paragraph may come out convoluted, but let me try to elaborate on why I think it's incomparable: it seems to entertain by dumbing down. You can make someone laugh with a clever joke, or you can slow down their thoughts and lower the bar of what they consider clever. Getting high, with pot or alcohol, does the former. Cinema (hopefully) does the latter.