Man Who Obsesses Over a Painting Of a Woman and...

Tools    

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
finds her..

I think its from the 1960s, and I would guess from Indian or the Middle-East, somewhere in that area.

I think the man spies into a house to see this, then inquires and finds this woman. I think she catches the man spying on her, and thinks he's crazy or delusional, but after time, I think she falls in love with him.

freedom~empathy~peace
There's this oddity from 1980. It's a story about a man who becomes obsessed with an image of a woman (photo, not painting), however it's not set in the Middle East or India. Worth a look though, just in case:

'Somewhere in Time'

There's this oddity from 1980. It's a story about a man who becomes obsessed with an image of a woman (photo, not painting), however it's not set in the Middle East or India. Worth a look though, just in case:

'Somewhere in Time'

Third time I've heard about this movie in the last month, despite never hearing about it previously. I can't remember the significance of the past mentions, though.

Third time I've heard about this movie in the last month, despite never hearing about it previously. I can't remember the significance of the past mentions, though.
Baader-Meinhof effect in full force

freedom~empathy~peace
....from the 1960s, and I would guess from Indian or the Middle-East, somewhere in that area.....
Was this an English language film?
Also, do you think it was colour or black/white?

Was this an English language film?
Also, do you think it was colour or black/white?

Definitely not an English speaking movie.... My guesses are Hindi or Persian, but it could be Turkish.

Also, I'm guessing it was black & white.

freedom~empathy~peace
....not an English speaking movie....
You could take a look at this possibility from 1966. Here is the synopsis from IMDb:

"Shyam (Feroz Khan) falls in love with the face on a painting, painted by his best friend Ishrat. He finds the girl and convince her father to marry her. Brings back the girl to town and then the two love triangle starts"

'Tasveer'

You could take a look at this possibility from 1966. Here is the synopsis from IMDb:

"Shyam (Feroz Khan) falls in love with the face on a painting, painted by his best friend Ishrat. He finds the girl and convince her father to marry her. Brings back the girl to town and then the two love triangle starts"

'Tasveer'

Damn, before seeing the video, I thought there was a strong possibility. The pace was slower, not many bright lights, less energy, seemed a very depressing kinda movie. But thanks!

I even checked my IMDB. No ratings, not on my list. In fact, I saw only 8 had even rated it!

freedom~empathy~peace
...pace was slower...less energy...
Can you clarify - you're saying 'Tasveer' is not the film you saw, correct? And the movie you remember was more like a drama (slower pace)?

freedom~empathy~peace
Does the painting of the woman get destroyed at the end of the film?
I found a Turkish movie here from 1961. The plot is something to do with a painter and a portrait he is working on that he names "The Magnificent Woman". I don't understand the Turkish language, but I've skipped through the movie anyway. There are a few scenes where various male characters look admiringly at this portrait of a lady. I believe the woman who eventually destroys the painting is the same women who posed for it at the beginning of the story.

This print of the film on youtube is of low quality, unfortunately:
'Şahane Kadın' (1961)

Does the painting of the woman get destroyed at the end of the film?
I found a Turkish movie here from 1961. The plot is something to do with a painter and a portrait he is working on that he names "The Magnificent Woman". I don't understand the Turkish language, but I've skipped through the movie anyway. There are a few scenes where various male characters look admiringly at this portrait of a lady. I believe the woman who eventually destroys the painting is the same women who posed for it at the beginning of the story.

This print of the film on youtube is of low quality, unfortunately:
'Şahane Kadın' (1961)

You're a hell of a searcher, but its not it.... The first scene I remember is an unbearded, sullen man who is staring at this painting in this house. It might be a house he's renting out to someone, or it might not be his house, but comes in and asks about who it is. I think the woman eventually falls for him.

I'm not sure if I have finished it, but I could check the watch-list and my ratings.