Things that annoy you...

Tools    

That elusive hide-and-seek cow is at it again
I believe most joint pains are from trying to smoke too far down the roach or accidentally dropping it into one's lap or cleavage. Neither of which are particularly an age thing
burnt thumbs are real.

"Ever try to forcibly pin down a house cat? It's not easy." - Captain Steel

"I just can't get pass sticking a finger up a dog's butt." - John Dumbear

burnt thumbs are real.
I imagine they are.

No wait, surely that would make them somewhat less than real.

Oh, I dunno.

I already have a partial for other lower missing teeth. I would never put myself through an implant.

Someone told me on Twitter yesterday that sometimes a tooth has to be eventually extracted even after a root canal.

It’s gonna depend on the extractions guy & what he charges. My dentist thought $500-600.

He will also have the orthodontist X-ray to look at.

Hey, I appreciate you helping me with this. I really am about to lose it.
Came up with a plan as I have 2 diametrically opposite ways to solve this problem, neither of which I like.

After my consult with the extractions guy next week, I will then schedule an appointment with my dentist & she will give me some guidance. Not to make a choice for me, but to address the pros & cons of both plans. I feel somewhat calmer now that we’ve made this plan.

After my consult with the extractions guy next week ...
Which was today. Extractions guy very willing to extract, but he advised me to have a root canal. Made an appointment for next month to do this. Gotta bite the bullet. Or, maybe just a banana.

So sick of this crap. Brutal weather in CT this a.m. Windchill was brutal. I dressed exactly like in the cartoon, but I will never reach a level of acceptance.

Came up with a plan as I have 2 diametrically opposite ways to solve this problem, neither of which I like.

After my consult with the extractions guy next week, I will then schedule an appointment with my dentist & she will give me some guidance. Not to make a choice for me, but to address the pros & cons of both plans. I feel somewhat calmer now that we’ve made this plan.
After dillying & dallying, my tooth made the decision for me. Woke up at 3 a.m. yesterday with a painful toothache & had to schedule an emergency root canal. $1,800 later, my tooth is now fixed.

Within a month I need to see my dentist who will give me a permanent filling. Am going to beg her not to give me a crown ($1,000), but to take a let’s see what happens stance with a filling first.

ANYONE HAVE A DENTAL PLAN INSURER THAT THEY LOVE? THIS IS SOMETHING I NEED TO LOOK INTO.

After dillying & dallying, my tooth made the decision for me. Woke up at 3 a.m. yesterday with a painful toothache & had to schedule an emergency root canal. $1,800 later, my tooth is now fixed.

Within a month I need to see my dentist who will give me a permanent filling. Am going to beg her not to give me a crown ($1,000), but to take a let’s see what happens stance with a filling first.

ANYONE HAVE A DENTAL PLAN INSURER THAT THEY LOVE? THIS IS SOMETHING I NEED TO LOOK INTO.
Dental Plan??? If you have one feel damn lucky. I've never had dental insurance in my life. And you know what? When you don't have insurance dentist often charge more for crowns, which makes me more than annoyed. I believe the going price for a crown in my area without insurance is close to $2000...and of course people who don't have dental insurance usually don't have much money either. Sorry for the rant but this is 'Things that annoy you' thread

BTW, sorry you had to go through an emergency root canal especially when you weren't wanting that procedure done. But at least the good news is it's over That's gotta be a big relief.

Dental Plan??? If you have one feel damn lucky. I've never had dental insurance in my life. And you know what? When you don't have insurance dentist often charge more for crowns, which makes me more than annoyed. I believe the going price for a crown in my area without insurance is close to $2000...and of course people who don't have dental insurance usually don't have much money either. Sorry for the rant but this is 'Things that annoy you' thread

BTW, sorry you had to go through an emergency root canal especially when you weren't wanting that procedure done. But at least the good news is it's over That's gotta be a big relief.
I was leaning more towards the root canal than an extraction, but still delaying everything.

There are so many dental plans out there. I thought I would just hop on my medical insurance coverage at UHC, but, not so simple. I plan to ask my dentist & her tech who they would recommend.

I did manage to keep it together at the root canal. (I kept thinking of what you wrote earlier that it doesn’t hurt, but it’s boring.) The orthodontist’s tech was super-nice & calmed all my fears. I did have to wait an hour to see him, which totally annoyed me, but, then again, he had taken me at the last minute so I grumbled a bit, but didn’t over-react.

By the time I am done with this I will have spent all 3 stimulus checks on dental work.

Annoying people annoy me all the time.
It's same for all of us

I was leaning more towards the root canal than an extraction, but still delaying everything.

There are so many dental plans out there. I thought I would just hop on my medical insurance coverage at UHC, but, not so simple. I plan to ask my dentist & her tech who they would recommend.

I did manage to keep it together at the root canal. (I kept thinking of what you wrote earlier that it doesn’t hurt, but it’s boring.) The orthodontist’s tech was super-nice & calmed all my fears. I did have to wait an hour to see him, which totally annoyed me, but, then again, he had taken me at the last minute so I grumbled a bit, but didn’t over-react.

By the time I am done with this I will have spent all 3 stimulus checks on dental work.
I'm soooo glad to hear that what I posted earlier helped you some during the root canal. Thank you for mentioning that! It made my day.

I'm soooo glad to hear that what I posted earlier helped you some during the root canal. Thank you for mentioning that! It made my day.
My dentist’s assistant also helped by mentioning that Aleve helps with a toothache. I always have it in the house, but would never have thought of using it for a toothache. Turns out she was right & it helped a lot.

Getting three or more phone calls a day telling me my car's warranty has expired and I'm screwed so I need to call them ASAP. My car's warranty expired before I even bought it but if there is a warranty out there that lasts 20 years or 200,000 miles I'm all ears.

Getting three or more phone calls a day telling me my car's warranty has expired and I'm screwed so I need to call them ASAP. My car's warranty expired before I even bought it but if there is a warranty out there that lasts 20 years or 200,000 miles I'm all ears.
We get dozens everyday. Car warranty, Interest Rate on Credit Cards (huge scam and probably the single most repeated calls we receive - usually about 15 a day), Change your Energy Company, Solar Power, Collecting for Police or Fire Departments, A recording of some lady just speaking Chinese (I only get this one on my cell phone for some reason), and the occasional "Hello Grandpa? I was in an accident which is why I sound different... I need you to send me some money."

It's beyond annoying - it has changed the quality of life.

I even started a thread about it a while back...
https://www.movieforums.com/communit...ad.php?t=58172

Same here. All kinds of scams. Constantly warning my old man not to engage.
I forgot to add the call about my Amazon account having charges made to it (just got one of those today before writing this). I string them along for a while then finally ask the name of the account they are referencing... they give me my father's name (that's the name in the phone book - he never even used a computer and did not have an Amazon account)... that's when I tell them he's been dead for 4 years... then they hang up. (And if they don't, then I lay into them.)