Miyazaki March and Anime April

Tools    

Our local theater is doing a Miyazaki March and Anime April fest type thing. I don't watch a lot of anime, I've seen Spirited Away and My Neighbor Totoro, which is also in the lineup, really liked them both and would like to see a couple more. This is the list of films they'll be showing. Grave of the Fireflies has been on my radar for awhile so I'm definitely going to see that. Other than that which of these would be a good jumping off point for someone who knows little to nothing about anime.

March:
Nausicaä Of The Valley Of The Wind
Castle In The Sky
Kiki’s Delivery Service
Princess Mononoke
Howl’s Moving Castle
The Wind Rises

April:
Cowboy Bebop: The Movie
Ninja Scroll
Ghost In The Shell
Tokyo Godfathers
Metropolis
Paprika
Grave Of The Fireflies
Wolf Children

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ
Of those, Castle in the Sky and Grave of the Fireflies are my favorites. It's too bad Porco Rosso isn't on that list, I think that has become my second favorite Miyazaki, still a few to see though. (Mononoke, Wind Rises, Kiki)

Probably for cowboy bebop the movie it's better to know the tv series before. Not that it has thing to do with story, more like for main characters - who and their chemistry between-

Other than that i dont find in particular ninja scroll, metropolis and wolf children much interrsting, still i think like the rest of line up, them were nice and good starting point.

*grave of the fireflies kinda left me depressing tho

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ
What the...

How is it possible that I've seen all of them and you haven't?
Because I take my time with all directors. Remember I am always afraid to complete people's filmographies as that means there is nothing new left.

https://tvbookmark.com/
I don`t like anime but I`ll try

Thanks for the recommendations. Looks like Paprika, Grave of the Fireflies (which I already planned on seeing), Tokyo Godfather and Howl's Moving Castle are ones to look out for. Giving their quick synopsis' a peek they all look pretty interesting. We also plan on watching Spirited Away again just because it was really good and it's on the BIG SCREEN.