Witchfinder General

→ in
Tools    

Wanna Date? Got Any Money?
I was looking at this movie and it looked really cool. But I wanted to know if it's going to be worth the $30 for it. If anyone could be me a quick review that would also be awesome.

OK, in regards of price- i got for like a fiver. Try searching for The Conqueror Worm.
As a movie, it's one of Vincent Price's best, and is directed well by Micheal Reeves, who i'm sure would have had a great career. I didn't think it was really a horror as such, it has many Hammer Horror aspects to it, but it's more a historical piece. It's set during the British Civil War, and its captures the English countryside with beautiful photography. The plot concerns Mathew Hopkins (Vincent Price) as an evil witch hunter who, with his partner, goes trying and torturing innocent people as witches to fulfill his manic bloodlust. The current conflict distracts the public from rational thought, allowing this exploitation. Confessions to witchcraft are beaten out by Hopkin's brutal, sadistic assisstant and the two receive payment for their duties. Hopkins abuses a woman and tries and executes her priest uncle for witchcraft- which really pisses off her loyal soldier fiancee, who sets about killing Hopkins. What follows is a cat and mouse trail with a stunning finale. 7/10
Have a look at Mark of the Devil, i havn't seen it yet but i think it has a witchfinder called Albino in