The Warriors

→ in
Tools    

Wanna Date? Got Any Money?
"They are 100,000 strong"

A great tagline for an even better movie. I was wondering, has anyone else seen this movie? I rented it for the 15th time today.. and I can say NOTHING but good things about it. The plot was good the acting was good... and the movie was just fun. Here is the link for the IMDB page for it.http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0080120/ I recommend this movie to everyone. It's a great film, and the director had such flair.(I searched and didnt see an actual topic devoted to this)

I haven't seen it in a number of years, but I used to like it quite a bit. Corny, silly, but so on target in its depiction of the anxieties of a previous era. I dig those face painting, baseball uniform wearing, roller skating fools.
"Today, war is too important to be left to politicians. They have neither the time, the training, nor the inclination for strategic thought. I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids."

Yes I own the original VHS copy as well as the VCD.Excellent movie and my all time favorite.

Standing in the Sunlight, Laughing
"Warriors, come out and plaaaaaay!!"
Very fun movie to get caught up in. It is neurotic in places and the gang costumes... jeeeeeeeezzzz... Though it's really no worse than grown men swathed in baby blue silk, I guess... but the story is good and the acting is compelling.

I love the original Warriors. With Tony Scott looking to re-make it, it should be interesting to see how it fares in modern day. With Terence Winter (The Sopranos) being hired to pen it, it should be interesting...

Standing in the Sunlight, Laughing
Originally Posted by Philmster
I love the original Warriors. With Tony Scott looking to re-make it, it should be interesting to see how it fares in modern day. With Terence Winter (The Sopranos) being hired to pen it, it should be interesting...
I was thinking this might be good for an update. Interesting.

Bad Morther****er
I used to love that movie. It's been so long since I've seen it though. I guess I'll be renting it this weekend, for old times sake. Tony "Top Gun" Scott has such an interesting visual style that it'll be neat to see what he can do with it.
Justice will be served/ And the battle will rage/ This big dog will fight/ When you rattle his cage/ And you’ll be sorry that you messed with the U.S. of A./ Cause we`ll put a boot in your ass/ It`s the American way.
Courtesy Of The Red, White & Blue - Toby Keith

I have seen this movie several times and it is great. The writers for the Simpsons have also watched it because I have seen several homages. My favorite was when Homer was looking for someone (I can't remeber who right now) and he was clinking beer bottles on his fingers and he called out, "Come out and playyyayyy". I was soo psyched.

I absolutely love this film, it was one of the first films I saw on video back in the early 80's and I think I love it as much now as I did then, maybe more.

From what you guys are saying, I take it that the remake is definately going ahead? That's good news, as this is one of the few films that I love that I would actually like to see a remake of.

The warrior is a really good movie, and has very good storyline. I think they are making a remake right now. Here’s the trailer to the original movie the warriors.

Welcome to the human race...
I remember when the remake was slated for a 2008 release - now it's been pushed back to 2010, and something tells me it's going to get pushed back even further. Not to say it won't happen, but still.

Regardless, it can't screw up the original any worse than Walter Hill's DC.

I'm aware only of this movie after they release a game I think 4 years ago in PS2.

I remember when the remake was slated for a 2008 release - now it's been pushed back to 2010...
Yeah, this is one of those "Hey, maybe one day" remakes. Now that remaks are all the rage I really do expect to see this remade, but if you take a look at the dates, this thread was started in 2004.

I found it funny, I introduced one of my friends to it a few months ago and every time we pass by one another, she puts up her hand and clicks her fingers together as if they have bottles on them and yells "warriors, come out an play-eya". Pretty good flick

I love how every new generation of kids somehow finds this film. It's constantly been re-found be young cinema lovers. If you love film you've got to enjoy this film if only for it sure creativity. Almost everybody knows the lines "Warriors come out and playyaya" or "Can you Dig it" even if they haven't seen the film. The thing that is striking to me is that this film feels more and more like a sci-fi everytime I watch it.

This film has so many memories for me. We went to see it at the cinema back when it was first released, and my brother went night after night, smuggling in our youngest brother with him as it was an X cert in the UK and he was underage. Of course they could reel off scenes of dialogue!