Run Lola Run (Is it worth renting)

→ in
Tools    

Wanna Date? Got Any Money?
I've heard good things about this movie. But I thought i'd get an opinion from a bunch of fellow movie fans.. Is it worth it? whats the plot? and such..

YES! It is most definitely "worth" seeing. It's a damn sight more than that.

It'll be better if you don't know anything about it by way of details and plot specifics going in. All you need know is it's a fun and inventive ride, and you'll be madly in love with Franka Potente by the time it's done. See it ASAP.

"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

Enemies are so stimulating.
when i watched it i was only half concious but i did indeed too enjoy it. i like the animation. (there is animation right? that wasnt a dream?)
I don't have Parkinson's. I inherited my shaking head from my grandfather Hepburn. I discovered that whisky helps stop the shaking. Problem is, if you're not careful, it stops the rest of you too. My head just shakes, but I promise you, it ain't gonna fall off!

A system of cells interlinked
I think it's worth buying...

Put me in your pocket...
I loved Run Lola Run. Someone suggested it on the 'Recommend a Foriegn Film' thread awhile ago and I'm really glad I listened. I'm now a fan of director Tom Tykwer....you also might want to try his The Princess and the Warrior.

Enjoy!

Yes Yes Yes !!!!! Watch It Now

A system of cells interlinked
Originally Posted by Aniko
I loved Run Lola Run. you also might want to try his The Princess and the Warrior.

Enjoy!
Yes, I have been meaning to check this one out, I hear it's very well done. Thanks for the reminder.

I've rented and have just finished watching it......... And if I do say so myself it's totally AMAZING. The acting is great the plot is good and the fact that it's in german adds to the coolness factor.

I'd say rent it only because a lot of people have seen it and talk about it, you don't want to be the only one who hasn't seen it, right?

Oh yeah, in my opinion the movie was boring and OTN (on the nose) being that things the main character did were typical and lacked originality, I felt this mainly because the premise was good and set a level the rest of the movie couldn't reach.

Originally Posted by Animal_Mother
I've rented and have just finished watching it.........
Glad you liked it, I also thought it was amazing

And this is my BOOMstick!
I always thought See Spot Run was one of the better "run" movies (Run, Forrest, run!)

Read what Holden wrote and assume I have the same opinion.
"Today, war is too important to be left to politicians. They have neither the time, the training, nor the inclination for strategic thought. I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids."

This might be a late post, but ive watched it two eyars ago when it came out, like foreign films cos she out of bourne idenity(think ive got that right)
The only drag i found out about ths film is they screwed up the labguage selection on the DVD a bit, you can only have the film in German or dubbed in english which sound so fukn taky, but you cant have it in german with english subs, ggggggggrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
apart from that id recommend it, it original, i like it

Originally Posted by moviemad
German or dubbed in english which sound so fukn taky, but you cant have it in german with english subs, ggggggggrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
apart from that id recommend it, it original, i like it
I am a bit confused, I watched it with english subtitles,

The Satchel Snatcher's on the loose
Yeah Run Lola Run is the Sh*t.....

i can't remember the name of the guy who did it, but the movie is just a showcase for all the cool tricks he learned in film school.

Originally Posted by FrankTheBunny420
i can't remember the name of the guy who did it, but the movie is just a showcase for all the cool tricks he learned in film school.
Tom Tykwer

Yeah, this is one of the best foreign film's I think i've seen.... it was well shot, and well done. Thanks for persuading me to rent it folks.

TBH... I first saw this film in my German class at School in year 10. At first I thought it was going to be an awful German flick on Germans would like ie my teacher is from Germany, but it was superb. A few months later I think it was shown on Channel 4 and a few of mates the day after was like, "have you seen Run Lola Run?!"

My German teacher was cooooooooooool.