Willy's Wonderland [Nicolas Cage]

→ in
Tools    

For all the Nicolas Cage fans out there we reviewed Willy's Wonderland, starring Cage as a loner who has to face off against animatronics in an abandoned children's play zone.

“Sugar is the most important thing in my life…”
I went to look at some of your other posts and I couldn’t find any that don’t relate to your pod.

Nicolas Cage is one of my favorite actors, I watched almost all of his films, but there are no new products with his participation at all, and this film somehow does not inspire confidence, only thrillers and action films go to him, not some Wonderland.

Nicolas Cage is one of my favorite actors, I watched almost all of his films, but there are no new products with his participation at all, and this film somehow does not inspire confidence, only thrillers and action films go to him, not some Wonderland.
Yeah, a lot of his recent stuff has been tough. We saw Jui Jitsu recently which wasn't very good. This one is a bit different as it's a horror with an over-the-top silly premise. It's more in the category of a fun film to watch with some friends type of thing, which we like.

I went to look at some of your other posts and I couldn’t find any that don’t relate to your pod.
Seconded. Maybe engage in some discussion? People are way more likely to read/listen/watch if they know you.

That elusive hide-and-seek cow is at it again
I'll be honest. For what Double-D commented, I see these posts and just move on. I caught myself yesterday bumping another thread just to not see one of these sitting as top post in that forum group on the index page. =\

I guess that's kind of jerky of me, but I feel like this is border line spam. Hang out. Chat. Post in other users' threads. Otherwise I get the vibe this is just the same link dump that's probably dropped in every other forum on the intertubes.

"Ever try to forcibly pin down a house cat? It's not easy." - Captain Steel

"I just can't get pass sticking a finger up a dog's butt." - John Dumbear

I'll be honest. For what Double-D commented, I see these posts and just move on. I caught myself yesterday bumping another thread just to not see one of these sitting as top post in that forum group on the index page. =\

I guess that's kind of jerky of me, but I feel like this is border line spam. Hang out. Chat. Post in other users' threads. Otherwise I get the vibe this is just the same link dump that's probably dropped in every other forum on the intertubes.
We post a movie review only once a week here in the movie review section of the forum, how is that spam?

We post a movie review only once a week here in the movie review section of the forum, how is that spam?
Have you ever posted in a thread here that you didn't start? Even once?

It's borderline spam because you don't engage with the community. All you ever seem to do is promote your youtube channel/podcast.

Have you ever posted in a thread here that you didn't start? Even once?

It's borderline spam because you don't engage with the community. All you ever seem to do is promote your youtube channel/podcast.
Yes more than once actually.

Would you consider it spam if we would have been posting a written review once a week instead of a youtube link? The reason I ask is that is because we don't look at it like spam promoting a youtube channel, we get nothing out of that but a fun hobby. Instead of writing a review, we have videos and we post it here in the section designated for reviews. That's all, never thought anyone would take offense to that.

So, obviously this isn't against the rules, or I'd have removed it. But obviously almost all of your posting here is just posting the podcast. There are a lot of people out there trying to promote their site/podcast/YouTube channel/whatever. A lot of them come here, post their stuff, and don't engage otherwise, and most of the community frowns on that.

The way you're doing this is technically allowed/okay, I just don't think you'll get much of a response from that alone. Personally, I take much more of an interest in reviews when I know and like the person, and most people here are the same way. You don't have to do that, and you're free to keep posting these exactly as you have been, but I think general participation would probably be better even if only from a totally self-interested standpoint.

Hope that clears things up a bit.

To be clear, I said borderline spam. We all know it's not, but I said all that to offer perspective on how some people could react to these posts.

I personally do not watch your vids because I don't know you. If you just popped in once a week and typed a review I still probably wouldn't read one, to be honest. It's nothing personal against you at all. But I come here, a forum, to discuss movies (and other topics). If someone I have a decent opinion of through discussion wants to promote something more personal, then I'm more inclined to support it by clicking. I do look at, listen to, watch, etc., external content that people here make and share. I'm happy to support that stuff, but it really helps to know the kat, first, to motive me to want to. Even if the topic doesn't really have anything to do with movies. That's for sharing content within a forum, specifically I mean. If I stumbled across your video in a random YouTube click trail, then I'd probably be all over that as that makes sense in the YouTube world. We've all made posts or shared content that's not movie-related, but there's still that community element that kinda binds those type of threads.

Without the communication half of it all, you risk being perceived as someone just selling something without offering much interest to the community here. After all it is a forum, ya know? If you're just here for self-promotion then I, as a potential subscriber to your show, am turned off pretty quickly as the pattern feels more like a spam tactic. No interest to engage the forum community? Cool. Why should I return interest?

I think this is a marketing issue. Engage your potential audience. You'd probably get a ton more hits. As it is, you're some random guy that I don't know posting random links, and if that's all it is then it appears like a tactic to boost google link-back search results. That just pushes me (and I would assume others) away even more. Hence the borderline spam comment. If I just cared about reviews, I'd go-to RT.

Anyway, that's just to clarify my opinion. It may just be mine but I'd be surprised if so. Engage the community. It's a forum. You would likely only gain a stronger following for it.

ROFL at playsolitaireaz. Careful you didn't ban an undercover Double-D making a very well placed joke of a post

There's a whole lot of unexplained stuff that goes on in this movie, but if you just put your brain in check and just let it flow over you, there's a lot of fun to be had here.