Best Picture Hall of Fame Part 2

Tools    

3. American Beauty
4. The Departed
6. The Kings Speech
7. Gandhi

Surprised and sorta disappointed Braveheart placed in the top three, rooting for Unforgiven!

Women will be your undoing, Pépé
What we have here, my connoisseurs of HoFs Voting Reveals is a Countdown hybrid a la raul. He spreads out the reveals to a few days like it was a Countdown. I think it was the Japanese HoF(???) was when he did it for the first time - I rather enjoyed that!

So, we should have the fourth and third positions posted tomorrow and then, the second and the first place positions the day after that.

It does allow those of us that missed the reveal to comment and for all of us to discuss a little more on each day.

7th Place- Gandhi

14 Points (3rd, 5th, 6th, 7th, 7th, 7th, 7th)
I was the high ranking on this one at third place. It nearly went higher but the first and second positions were too high up on my own personal favorites. Quite the incredible film and SUCH a huge range of incredible actors and imagery.
6th Place- The King's Speech

19 Points (2nd, 4th, 5th, 6th, 6th, 6th, 6th)
Pretty happy with the lower end of the scale since it was a bit of a favorite niche for me. And if not for those above, it could have gone higher elsewhere. A truly delightful film with some of my top echelon favorites.
I'm VERY happy to see someone love it as much as placing it 2nd on their list. I may try to guess if no one remarks on it.
5th Place- American Beauty

23 Points (3rd, 4th, 4th, 4th, 4th, 7th, 7th)
I'm one of the bottom guys on this one. Not out of dislike, just sadly, something has to be last for no other reason. We delve into the truth beneath the veneer of trying to keep up appearances as it shatters brilliantly.
4th Place- The Departed

25 Points (1sr, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 5th, 6th, 7th)
Like, well, pretty much everything else in this HoF, it woulda, coulda, shoulda if not for the ones above. One of the films where I strongly feel DiCaprio defies the sh#t talk regarding his talent that he undeservingly gets. This IS a top-notch cops & gangsters flick.

My List
1)
2)
3) Gandhi (7th)
4)
5) The King's Speech (6th)
6) The Departed (4th)
7) American Beauty (5th)

Edarsenal's List
1)
2)
3) Gandhi (7th)
4)
6) The Departed (4th)
7) American Beauty (5th)
Ha, that's interesting, we both voted each other's movies higher than our own.
Citizen's List
2 The King's Speech
4 American Beauty
5 Gandhi
7 The Departed

Ha, that's interesting, we both voted each other's movies higher than our own.
Citizen's List
2 The King's Speech
4 American Beauty
5 Gandhi
7 The Departed
LOL
that's quite the switcharoo!!

So by my count the top three...

1 - 1/7
2 - 1/7
3 - 3/7
4 - 6/7
5 - 4/7
6 - 6/7
7 - 7/7

So that's going to be a giant bump in votes
What does the numbers in the right column represent?

What does the numbers in the right column represent?

1(score), (score presented in the previous entrants) (total sum)

So now with Braveheart....

1 - 3/7
2 - 2/7
3 - 3/7
4 - 6/7
5 - 6/7
6 - 7/7
7 - 7/7

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ
2nd Place- Platoon

39 Points (1st, 2nd, 2nd, 2nd, 2nd, 3rd, 5th)

WINNER
1st Place- Unforgiven

41 Points (1st, 1st, 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 3rd, 4th)

The trick is not minding
Congrats Siddon. Close call! 2 points.
My ballot, and I realize I could have been tied had I voted my own nomination first haha:

1 Unforgiven
2 Platoon
3 Braveheart
4 American Beauty
5 The Departed
6 The Kings Speech
7 Gandhi

Unforgiven is a worthy winner, congrats. My voting list went like this:

1 Platoon
2 The King's Speech
3 Unforgiven

4 American Beauty
5 Gandhi

6 Braveheart
7 The Departed

Previously I hadn't thought much of Platoon but on this re-watch I was impressed! I loved The King's Speech when I first saw it, and still do. Unforgiven use to be a top favorite of mine, I still think it's great, but after so many rewatches it lost a little horsepower.

I appreciated the hard look at life in American Beauty this time around. I have no problem with Kevin Spacey as an actor, in fact I enjoy him in most of his movies. Gandhi was my nom and I hadn't seen it before, that's why I chose it. I enjoyed it, but there were a lot of great films here, so it earned a 5th place on my ballot.

The last two films on my ballot I didn't care for much. Years ago I thought Braveheart was the best thing around, but with each subsequent viewing the film becomes weaker for me, with what I see as Mel Gibson's self indulgences as a director. The Departed started out decent for me, but the ending was rushed and unsatisfying.

Congrats Siddon, and thanks raul for the great job hosting!

My list:

1. Unforgiven
2. Platoon
3. American Beauty
4. The Departed
5. Braveheart
6. The King's Speech
7. Gandhi

3rd Place- Braveheart

33 Points (1st, 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 5th, 5th, 6th)
Had this at 2nd - I've seen this countless times and it still remains a great movie to watch any ole time.
2nd Place- Platoon

39 Points (1st, 2nd, 2nd, 2nd, 2nd, 3rd, 5th)

WINNER
1st Place- Unforgiven

41 Points (1st, 1st, 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 3rd, 4th)
As my number one spot, Platoon ALWAYS effects me every time I see it and this was no exception.
Unforgiven is a pretty cool surprise since I really thought Platoon was going to take it. Looks like I had it at the lowest amongst the voting and that was nothing against a great Eastwood western.

My List
1) Platoon (2nd)
2) Braveheart (3rd)
3) Gandhi (7th)
4) Unforgiven (1st)
6) The Departed (4th)
7) American Beauty (5th)[/quote]

CONGRATS @Siddon for the WIN!!!

And THANKS @rauldc14 for HOSTING!!

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ
This was a lot of fun guys. Sorry it took me so long. Glad to see Siddon nominate Unforgiven and get one of my favorite films ever a win.

1. Braveheart
2. Unforgiven
3. Platoon
4. American Beauty
5. The Departed
6. The Kings Speech
7. Gandhi

Everytime I see Braveheart I enjoy it more and more. The top five were so close for me. I would have nominated any one of the top three so I was really happy to see them finish that way.