Raging Bull II

Tools    

The Elected Movie Eliminator
I'm absolutely disgusted by this out-come. Why do they have to make a second instalment? What's film and cinema heading to?

At first I thought this was some kind of sick joke, but no it's true. I won't watch it.
"Don't be so gloomy. After all it's not that awful. Like the fella says, in Italy for 30 years under the Borgias they had warfare, terror, murder, and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci, and the Renaissance. In Switzerland they had brotherly love - they had 500 years of democracy and peace, and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock."

Welcome to the human race...
I had to check this to find out for myself. You'd think they could come up with a more original name, but to ride the coattails of a modern classic like that...unbelievable.

Whoa, this is actually happening? Why do these movie companies want money so much that they have to come up with crap like this? At least they could've tried to get Scorsese and DeNiro back instead of choosing a bunch of no-names to do it. I could see why neither of them wanted to come back and do this, though.

He's called Tequila. He's a tough cop.
Oh god. What the hell?

How would this ever work? And why would you want to make a sequel to such a movie? This is just stupid.

Ask me a question, any question: Grill a MoFo: Dill-Man

Oh god. What the hell?

How would this ever work? And why would you want to make a sequel to such a movie? This is just stupid.
I just read on IMDb that it's basically a prequel and sequel, but it still sounds stupid.

We could always devote this thread to the lamest possible sequels/prequels of all time. "Dr. Strangelove 2 or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Underground Bunker".

Wha? Really? This is surreal.

I'm actually not in love with Raging Bull, but I can appreciate the craft that clearly went into it, and I'll echo the sentiment that it seems like one of the least likely candidates for a sequel imaginable. Ugh. Marty's not involved at all, from what I can see, which tells you all you need to know about this.

Errr, what the hell??? So this is actually true???? I don't even know what to say

\m/ Fade To Black \m/

A tad over the top I know but I thought it was needed

So is there actually proof that this is getting made or are we all going on pure speculation?

A sequel just doesn't really make any sense, and is this still about Jake Lamotta or a new younger "Bronx Bull".

I'm sorry I'm just very confused

So is there actually proof that this is getting made or are we all going on pure speculation?
Search 'Raging Bull' on imdb, that should be enough proof for you.

The Elected Movie Eliminator
Whoa, this is actually happening? Why do these movie companies want money so much that they have to come up with crap like this? At least they could've tried to get Scorsese and DeNiro back instead of choosing a bunch of no-names to do it. I could see why neither of them wanted to come back and do this, though.
Ha. It's a sequel, originally, but it shows the life of Jake LaMotto before he became a heavyweight champion or made his name in the top league. It would be great for Scorsese to direct it, but DiNero obviously couldn't be the leading actor.

Keep on Rockin in the Free World
I'm absolutely disgusted by this out-come. Why do they have to make a second instalment? What's film and cinema heading to?
I had to check this to find out for myself. You'd think they could come up with a more original name, but to ride the coattails of a modern classic like that...unbelievable.
As much as I don't want to watch it, I have to -- to see how much embarrassment and **** they've caused to the original masterpiece.
This is the carbon copy gauntlet of emotions i went through when it was announced a Slapshot sequel was being made.

Hopefully in this case, Stephen Baldwin isn't chosen as the lead.

How did you feel about discovering a third Slap Shot movie, Dexter?

Also, since it's been two years I decided to search IMDb again to see if it was still happening - apparently, it's slated for 2012 release, with William Forsythe of all people rumoured to be playing LaMotta. Huh.

Keep on Rockin in the Free World
they could make a dozen sequels now, it doesnt matter. Its the first lame-o you remember.

Sort of like what happened to Meatballs. Original was a small fun flick with a tried and true us vs them story Arc featuring in his debut young Bill Murray fresh off his success of SNL leading the charge of the underdogs ( and Michael Keaton and Steve Guttenberg owe their careers to Murray imo for laying the groundwork for the character).

Meanwhile Meatballs 4 was a straight to video number starring Cory Feldman.

The other notable example i guess would be Jaws.

Big Ass drop off in quality from Spielberg's original to Jaws 4 the Revenge.

Yeah, true enough - guess that's a topic for another thread. On a related note, does anyone else remember a few years back when there were rumours of a Taxi Driver sequel (fortunately unsubstantiated)?

Now I wonder which Scorsese movie would have the best hypothetical sequel (even though, in my experience, none of his movies genuinely need a sequel). There's something vaguely intriguing about the premise of an After Hours sequel.