HBO Max will stop making scripted TV shows

Tools    

A system of cells interlinked
https://www.msn.com/en-us/tv/news/hb...1defdec6981f65

Plain idiocy. Why did they buy them? Theyre doing away with the essence of the service.
I saw another article a while ago about the end of so-called "elite" TV. Saying that shows like Breaking Bad, Ozark, Better Call Saul etc. have had their time in the sun, and that the effort to produce them (ie the cost) was no longer worth it. I believe in the case of HBO Max, they also want to stop making direct-to-stream feature films.

Anyway, I agree - HBO has long been on the vanguard of elite TV, long before streaming even, and for them to cut all that out seems like professional suicide. Dumb.

“Sugar is the most important thing in my life…”
This doesn’t even seem like a real issue. It’s just branding, which I’ve never really registered what show is “HBO” versus “HBOMax”. It was all in the same place for streaming.

Everything is gonna be HBO now. They’re just killing the babies from the previous regime.

AUGH! Just when I decided to swear off of HBO Max they're releasing a six part documentary about Paul Newman and Joanne Woodward. Damn you HBOMax, dam youz!

It was already released and is quite good. I liked it a lot.
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

If this is just "MAX will do it instead" then who cares, like someone else said, branding.

If it's HBO as a whole not doing new scripted shows...I quite literally don't believe it.

You ready? You look ready.
How many HBOs can you watch at one time anyways?
"This is that human freedom, which all boast that they possess, and which consists solely in the fact, that men are conscious of their own desire, but are ignorant of the causes whereby that desire has been determined." -Baruch Spinoza

“Sugar is the most important thing in my life…”
I'm a big fan of what you use to do with the cable guide. Ya know. Scroll, scroll, scroll... Then turn it off and find something else to do.

Seems like anytime I open one of the streamers, I default to watching a podcast on YouTube.

A system of cells interlinked
I'm a big fan of what you use to do with the cable guide. Ya know. Scroll, scroll, scroll... Then turn it off and find something else to do.

Seems like anytime I open one of the streamers, I default to watching a podcast on YouTube.
All of the above is accurate - quoted for truth!