Am I the only one here that still buys Blu Rays/DVDs in store?

Tools    

I had one CD from Netflix arrive broken, thanks to the post office. Netflix took care of it, no problems.

I downloaded an old movie last night and watched it on a USB drive attached to my Blu Ray player. It worked, but like Rodent said the dark night scenes looked pixelated and at times the scene would jump a bit. I would have preferred the actual DVD.

You're not alone, many of us prefer the actual DVD to watch.

On the subject of ordering, I prefer Amazon to anything. I've never had any problem with the DVDs I received from them. However, I've ordered my second DVD from eBay, with the first one arriving fine, but the second one yet to get here. I've complained and it's on the way, with me following it by using the mailing number from USPS. I'm kind of holding my breath on this one.

Well, to me. I don't make much money right now, but in future I would like to buy everything - physical vinyls, books and movies, and create a nice collection in my home!
Right now, I'm watching movies online, listening to music online, but I do have some real books in my home.

I buy blu-ray copies of films that I really, really like. I've gotten much more picky since streaming really took off when buying. I used to buy all kinds of stuff when DVDs were in their prime and you could find things for under $10 US. Now I buy stuff that's more cinematic in scope like Guardians of the Galaxy was the last film I bought. I also bought the blu-ray collection of Cowboy Bebop because it's freaking awesome.

Yes, it's tough to go to the store and just browse the racks, but I buy lots of stuff on Amazon these days. I don't miss that because I've always been someone who goes to the store knowing what I'm planning to purchase before I get there so I don't miss the hunt.

That said, I do miss video rental shops tremendously. I loved browsing those shelves for things I'd never seen. Netflix's app isn't the same thing as the in-store experience.

Also, love the library selection!

@Dadgumblah and Chypmunk: I feel a little ridiculous because I can't even stand ordering online half the time. I only order online if I absolutely can't find what I'm looking for in stores. It's just that I'm pretty impatient and have a mentality that when I pay for something I want it in my hands right then and there. With ordering online I always think to myself "Okay I paid for it......... Now I gotta wait a week before I can even watch it."

@8ball: Yeah I understand that. Many times I'm in the same situation. I feel that the economy turning crap over the years is a big reason why people don't buy physical as much as they would. Not just with movies but with everything.

@bouncingbrick: I too miss video rental stores. I get real nostalgic for Blockbuster since I went there many times when I was a kid, renting movies as well as games for my N64, PlayStation, and Xbox. I remember when I was in high school Blockbuster was the place I wanted to try and work at part-time. I applied there a few times but they never called and then they started going out of business soon after.

_____ is the most important thing in my life…

That said, I do miss video rental shops tremendously. I loved browsing those shelves for things I'd never seen. Netflix's app isn't the same thing as the in-store experience.
I'll second that. There is a Family Video (appropriately with an adult section) nearby, that reminds me how much I enjoyed the experience of going to Blockbuster.

You really can't beat a brick and mortar movie place, especially when it's raining. Step your game up Redbox.

My cable provider has an On Demand feature that allows me to rent movies. If I'm not using that, it's almost always Netflix. The only time I buy a DVD is if the movie isn't offered on On Demand or Netflix, but this is very rare.

That's okay. Nobody's perfect!
I have exceptional hearing... and digital music sounds s**te... CD every time.

CD all the way.
A CD is a digital recording not analog.

I am frustrated at the impending death of Blu-Rays and DVDs. Netflix, downloading, etc. is all so much easier and cheaper, but there's just something to me about physically having the movie. It's just not the same when you watch a movie on the internet and then completely forget about it.
Usually, I'll check out a movie by downloading or streaming, and buy it if I really like it. My library right now has maybe 600 films. My buying is slowing down quite a bit as I move around, though. I have to go out of my way to have a physical collection, and it's even more challenging when I'm figuring out my residential situation as I move out of the house.

I always buy physical copies, partially because I just like owning them, partially because I don't think digital downloading comes with bonus content (and I know for a fact Netflix doesn't). And learning about the behind the scenes stuff is a large chunk of the fun for me. It's why I own Blu-Ray copies of movies I already own on DVD, because they stopped putting the bonus content on the DVDs.

Your not alone, I still do...

Hi guys i have found 1 cool website recommended by my friends,check it out,,,i am still on amazon store too. but this one is MUCH more better yaa,,..

No, I mainly buy DVD's in store. I will buy online if it's a region 1 title, or if it's an oop title. When I do buy online, I avoid Amazon.

Maybe its just me but there's is something magical about going into a store or HMV and buying a DVD
The kind of Magic that you can't get by watching a movie online

I have to admit that I like something I can hold in my hand. I like Netflix just fine, but I tend to pay more attention to a movie if it's a disk. I guess that's consistent with having a lot of CD's and vinyl disks for music.

Walmart if I'm there and they have some old movie i want for cheap.. i used to go to the pawn shops around here but they seem to not have anything good after awhile... My movie store Dimple in Ca closed a couple years ago.. 4 vid stores? sad day.

I generally buy DVDs online, but if I come across a DVD display in a store, I sometimes look through it to see if anything interests me.