Movie You're Watching Tonight

Tools    

I adore stuff like this.
I thought it was very good. Especially when I realized the little boy was actually a little girl. 😎

Bodies, Bodies, Bodies - It views itself as a "Wild Hilarious Whodunit", but really? Get a bunch of unruly, horny 20-somethings in a mansion with lots of booze, lots of cocaine and a hurricane. What could possibly go wrong with THAT? Having been (in real life) a young kid in what must have been one of the last ever "hurricane parties", I can tell you....a lot can go wrong with that, but the one I saw didn't include murder. In this flick, however, what goes wrong is a dead Pete Davidson. In short, Whodunit? Is it you or the woman over there with the attitude or the last person that saw the victim?

Being an updated version of lots of staid British murder movies, combined with scream queen elements of 80's slasher movies (where's Jamie Lee Curtis when we need her), you know it won't be murder with a candlestick in the arboretum. It will have lots of accusations, panic and more bodies will fall because of that. The power and phone towers will go out so most of the movie will be shot in the dark with cell phone flashlights with batteries that never go out.

It had me squirming in my seat, not because it was tense or because I cared who would be the first murderer (there were more after that), but because I know, deep in my heart that, out of my childhood wisdom, I would never stay in a house on the shore during a hurricane, especially with a bunch of coked up, drunk loonies. I'm smarter than that. Sadly, this movie isn't. It was "wild", but "hilarious"....no.

I thought it was very good. Especially when I realized the little boy was actually a little girl. 😎
Indeed, same here! Before they turn 13-ish lots of French girls tend to look tomboyish in my experience. But yes, I really enjoyed it.

Bodies, Bodies, Bodies - It views itself as a "Wild Hilarious Whodunit", but really? Get a bunch of unruly, horny 20-somethings in a mansion with lots of booze, lots of cocaine and a hurricane. What could possibly go wrong with THAT? Having been (in real life) a young kid in what must have been one of the last ever "hurricane parties", I can tell you....a lot can go wrong with that, but the one I saw didn't include murder. In this flick, however, what goes wrong is a dead Pete Davidson. In short, Whodunit? Is it you or the woman over there with the attitude or the last person that saw the victim?

Being an updated version of lots of staid British murder movies, combined with scream queen elements of 80's slasher movies (where's Jamie Lee Curtis when we need her), you know it won't be murder with a candlestick in the arboretum. It will have lots of accusations, panic and more bodies will fall because of that. The power and phone towers will go out so most of the movie will be shot in the dark with cell phone flashlights with batteries that never go out.

It had me squirming in my seat, not because it was tense or because I cared who would be the first murderer (there were more after that), but because I know, deep in my heart that, out of my childhood wisdom, I would never stay in a house on the shore during a hurricane, especially with a bunch of coked up, drunk loonies. I'm smarter than that. Sadly, this movie isn't. It was "wild", but "hilarious"....no.

Christ, that was a savage takedown. I don’t have it in me to watch it (at this point at least), but that was a fun read.

Been meaning to see this for ages, so thought I’d do a double feature.

The South Korean version is overall better, but feels less batshit and thriller-y.

I never understood stuff like that. It seems completely pointless and playing with comedy overtones, which I hate.
Nope, this was ridiculous. Genuinely hated the moralistic bullshit too.