Challenge: One Film for every Country

Tools    

Also answers to Jabba
This seemed like a good week to advance the challenge, so I watched films from Portugal, Turkmenistan, Rwanda and Botswana.

I am going to be hitting triple digits soon.

Crossed off Tonga, Thailand, Burkina Faso, Tunisia as well as a documentary from Palau -which is to my knowledge the only piece of media that would qualify for this challenge- since my last update.
What's the name?

A few updates, as of August 2022...

This is all-time, so not very impressive...

Europe  

Asia  

Africa  

North America  

South America  

Oceania  

I'm pretty sure I'm missing some, but that's pretty much the gist of it.

Does Taiwan count?

A few updates, as of August 2022...
You seem to be missing Malaysia. Let me suggest to you a horror (who would have guessed) called Roh (Soul). It was just added to Netflix here, and I think it's on Shudder in the US. Some reviews call it a Malaysian The VVitch and I can quite easily understand the reference.

You seem to be missing Malaysia. Let me suggest to you a horror (who would have guessed) called Roh (Soul). It was just added to Netflix here, and I think it's on Shudder in the US. Some reviews call it a Malaysian The VVitch and I can quite easily understand the reference.
Nice. I'll add it to the watchlst!

Also answers to Jabba
Cheers for the suggestion. I have that one on my list for Malaysia, along with Cemetery of Splendor for which I have heard positive things.

Cheers for the suggestion. I have that one on my list for Malaysia, along with Cemetery of Splendor for which I have heard positive things.
Cemetery of Splendor appears to be a Thai film with some international funding (including Malaysia). Roh, on the other hand, is fully Malaysian, and you can count my suggestion as a positive thing about it

Sharing this Twitter thread that I think is pertinent. Hundreds of people share what they consider to be "the best movie" from their country.

Also answers to Jabba
Cemetery of Splendor appears to be a Thai film with some international funding (including Malaysia). Roh, on the other hand, is fully Malaysian, and you can count my suggestion as a positive thing about it

Indeed. Cemetery of Splendor was earmarked for Thailand but I already watched a film I found on the Criterion Channel from it. This is what happens when you just use the Advanced IMDb Search and put "Malaysia" and "Will Watch Soon". Mea culpa.

Also answers to Jabba
Small update. In the past month I knocked Malawi, Angola and Nicaragua off the list.

Some updates, as of December 2022...

Europe  

Asia  

Africa  

North America  

South America  

Oceania  

Most of the additions are for frequent countries like South Korea, Australia, etc. but as far as new countries on the list, I got Latvia and Guatemala.

Very cool to see someone else get into this @Thief.

My newest update includes films from South Sudan and Guyana.
I really enjoy exploring new stuff, so this is very much up my alley.

If you or anybody wants to tackle Bahrain, I just saw this neat little short...

Cloven

Europe  

Asia  

Africa  

North America  

South America  

Oceania  

A couple of updates from USSR, Sudan, Colombia, and Bahrain.

Also answers to Jabba
In the first couple of months of 2023 I managed to watch films from Slovenia, Lesotho, Venezuela, Papua new Guinea and Trinidad & Tobago. This is not a burial, it's a resurrection, from Lesotho is in fact a pretty decent arthouse film to watch.

A mid-2023 update...

Europe  

Asia  

Africa  

North America  

South America  

Oceania