Futuristic worker in a pod

Tools    

Hello Everyone,
I've been banging my head trying to figure out a movie I once saw a few years ago. I'm going to describe it to you as best I can, in hopes someone can figure it out for me.

Here it goes:

Futuristic type movie, where a male, no older than 25 works in an isolated "Pod", all by himself and working a backhoe, as an excavator.

Food is somehow dropped into his "Pod", during lunch breaks and I'll assume there is a washroom in there because he is scared to death, to leave his "Pod", because "Big Brother" is watching his every move and he was told that if he leaves his "Pod", the air is toxic and he won't survive.

At one point, his Mother contacts him through his computer, the same computer that he works with, and he only hears her voice. (he might see her on the screen, I can't remember) He doesn't speak to her using his voice, he speaks to her using his finger tap key board. He doesn't know how to talk.

At one point, he notices a dog that is surviving, outside the Pod and risks everything to break out and follow the dog and eventually finds a family who is living a normal life.

It actually takes him time to lean how to speak, because during his up bringing, he never had too. This generation of kids relied on their computers to communicate with everyone and everything.

I'm really hoping someone can help me out.

Good Luck. and thanks in advance.

M