Tiger King : Murder, Mayhem and Madness (Netflix)

Tools    

“Sugar is the most important thing in my life…”

Tiger King : Murder, Mayhem and Madness (Netflix)

It's only a matter of time, you're gonna watch it.

It was something else. The teeth, the outfits, the ammo abuse, Walmart meat, watching Carol's hair drive me crazy, I could keep going.

Hopefully they do something with all the extra footage they must have. I knew from the first minute that drugs had to be involved and all that stuff kinda got skipped over. They probably didn't want these people to be viewed with that lens, but you could see it in their faces and behavior.

The Life Exotic (2016)

When you have Tiger King withdrawal, this may help. It is not as scandalous and I still fell asleep watching it...like everything else. Makes you realize the only people that would buy stuff from this guy are people that are ________er than him. Love his line of 50 exclusive candies and healthy treats in cellophane bags that were probably sealed with a stapler.

Shoutout to Wes Anderson. The director's first couple minutes are prime counterfeit merchandise.

Oh yeah. Rick Kirkham. I remember watching his documentary where he sits around and smokes crack. There's more here folks. Now he is in Norway, smoking cigs inside We're only scratching the surface.

Me, to my wife after one episode:

"Is this the best show I've ever seen?"

Got one left. It's every bit as good as people are saying. At a certain point I couldn't even react to the things happening, you just imagine the nuttiest thing that could take place and when it does you're not even surprised.

Interesting. A lot of people are saying it’s horrendous. It’s in my Netflix Q someplace.

Hmm, I suppose it depends on how you define the term. Maybe "mistreatment" would be a better word for some of it, though whether or not some of the actions qualify is part of what the film is about. The central dispute that all the insanity stems from is whether it's inherently inhumane, for example, to breed tiger cubs and then let people pet them and play with them for awhile. But even if it is, obviously watching people do that isn't especially upsetting.

I'm pretty sensitive to footage of mistreated animals, though, and I haven't found it difficult to watch on that front. No examples just being killed or made to overtly suffer or anything like that, that I can recall.

⬆️ Thanks. People on twitter do seem to have been in a tizzy about it. Will definitely watch it, but will bail out if it’s unpleasant. To me, it looks good, but will wait & see.

The Adventure Starts Here!
The only unpleasant parts are with the human beings!

I found it by accident a few weeks ago and binged my way through over a weekend. By the end I really wasn't "rooting" for anybody anymore. It was just impossible to stop watching.

⬆️ Isn’t there animal cruelty?

Only implied stuff. There's also a documentary on YouTube from a few years ago that is not as sensational. Animal stuff is the one thing I can't handle and I don't remember having any issue.

The opening features a Wes Anderson homage.

Anybody else wonder where all this footage came from? I mean didn't that fire mean anything. Those poor alligators

The Adventure Starts Here!
Anybody else wonder where all this footage came from? I mean didn't that fire mean anything. Those poor alligators
Early on in the series someone mentions that Joe Exotic liked to film EVERYTHING going on at the zoo. I think their take on it was that he was a bit egotistical. (Ya think?)

Also... reality show being filmed there! They film everything!

"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

I must be mismembering

They made such a deal out of Joe Exotic's studio catching fire and that was where all of Kirkham's footage (supposedly) was as well. So this was extra footage that wasn't in a studio where all the footage burned?

I can't see Joe Exotic volunteering his own footage to be used in a documentary that paints him in such a poor light. If so, I don't think he would offer it without a "final cut" clause.