Apart from people on here who do you use for reviews?

→ in
Tools    

You can't win an argument just by being right!
My go to was two aussie reviewers who were iconic and I followed them for decades but they retired much to everyone's lament. I now only follow a couple of pro reviewers whose rating I'm in tune with and i keep in contact with them on fb.

jeremy Jahns - I love him. he's hilarious.

Legend in my own mind
My go to was two aussie reviewers who were iconic and I followed them for decades but they retired much to everyone's lament. I now only follow a couple of pro reviewers whose rating I'm in tune with and i keep in contact with them on fb.

jeremy Jahns - I love him. he's hilarious.
I like Jahns reviews as he is really funny but I also find myself agreeing with most of what he says.

You can't win an argument just by being right!
Same with me. He's such a passionate drama llama but I'm usually nodding as he talks.

Welcome to the human race...
Up until, say, November-ish, I found myself keeping up with Armond White's reviews because they did offer some decidedly...unusual takes that did raise good points to back up his more controversial stances. These days, not so much. I regularly keep an eye out for reviews from The A.V. Club and Birth.Movies.Death. more than anywhere else.

I like both of these guys but I'm pretty lax when it comes to keeping up with their reviews. Kermode is my kind of reviewer, Stuckmann is weird to me because I find him a bit too agreeable, like his videos are pleasant enough to watch but I don't always feel like I'm actually getting anything out of them to keep up with them constantly.

My go to was two aussie reviewers who were iconic and I followed them for decades but they retired much to everyone's lament.
It's okay, you can say David and Margaret.

I don't care or need to read some professional reviewers opinions. I read the reviews here at MoFo, I read a few at IMDB, but mostly I write my own reviews.

Legend in my own mind
Up until, say, November-ish, I found myself keeping up with Armond White's reviews because they did offer some decidedly...unusual takes that did raise good points to back up his more controversial stances. These days, not so much. I regularly keep an eye out for reviews from The A.V. Club and Birth.Movies.Death. more than anywhere else.

I like both of these guys but I'm pretty lax when it comes to keeping up with their reviews. Kermode is my kind of reviewer, Stuckmann is weird to me because I find him a bit too agreeable, like his videos are pleasant enough to watch but I don't always feel like I'm actually getting anything out of them to keep up with them constantly.

It's okay, you can say David and Margaret.
I like Kermode and his analysis and tune in most weeks. Stuckmann is more like an excitable friend who is passionate about film.

I don't care or need to read some professional reviewers opinions. I read the reviews here at MoFo, I read a few at IMDB, but mostly I write my own reviews.
I don't 'need' to read some professional reviewers opinions but I have just found some peoples opinions that I value and largely agree with so use them as an indicator for films that I might want to watch. On here or IMDB, Rotten tomatoes etc there are some people who's reviews I will trust as after reading them I realise that we are of the same taste. Others I would dismiss because we simply look for and enjoy different things from films.

At the end of the day, I choose what films I watch and then form my own opinions on them (and sometimes offer a review). but it's always nice to get a trusted opinion or two.

I generally use Youtube if I want to watch a review. I like Stuckmann a lot as well, that's where I usually go for in terms of current stuff since he's a very frequent uploader. Nostalgia Critic's Doug Walker does a lot of non scripted ones by himself, and with his brother from time to time I really enjoy. YourMovieSucks is really funny if I want to see someone tear a movie apart, as he is usually a pretty tough critic. I'll watch Beyond the Trailer, and The Flick Pick from time to time. I tend to disagree with them a decent amount, especially Beyond the Trailer, but I like their screen presence.

A system of cells interlinked
I tend to gravitate towards some of the reviewers on this site that I know I share similar taste in film with, but since you asked for others not on this site, I do read James Berardinelli's Reel Views pretty frequently.

Legend in my own mind
Love the first 2 but Jahns is way too annoying and neurotic for me to listen to for over 10 seconds.
I think he knows that and plays on it. I find it a bit amusing. A bit OTT but generally harmless and if you can work out what he is saying, he tends to make some good points.

The most loathsome of all goblins
That guy gave 'Enemy' a 5 out of 10. He knows not what he does.

http://www.blu-ray.com/Enemy/263250/#Review
I haven't seen that one yet. Regardless, I may not always agree with his opinion, but he's good at stating his case. I don't make a habit of deciding whether or not to see a film based on any critic's rating, but on my own intuition.

That said, one thing I love about Orndorf is that he doesn't just review new releases, but also classics and cult films that come out on blu-ray. He even reviews adult films that other "respectable" critics wouldn't touch. I dig his style