How to write a screen play....

Tools    

Allow me! You see, writing a movie script depends on the person writing it. If you like things organised and in it's place...almost all of the time, then you plan it, catalog it what ever (you know, put it on a time line). If you take things as they come then maybe you just sit down and write what comes to you.

What person are you?

A novel adaptation.
That's really not much of a fight starting post.
I mean, jesus, I wasn't offended or anything! Let's get this thread back on task, Matt, say something mean about somebody.

I wasn't trying to be mean to anybody.
I was trying to be mean to Ladies Man.

Trust me. It's a thing.

A novel adaptation.
I know, I'm saying you should say something mean, in order to get the thread back on track.

The Future Ed Wood
I am trying to write scrrenplays. i wrote 2 for my film class and did well. i got one finished am writing two more. i suggest reading `story' by i think its robert mcree? very good book and will not turn you into a hollywood writer

Visit the best film forum on the web http://www.empireonline.co.uk/

i suggest reading `story' by i think its robert mcree? very good book and will not turn you into a hollywood writer
The grammatical and spelling errors in your post aside [you want to write scrrenplays? Zuh?], the book Story by Robert McRee might not turn you into a Hollywood writer, but by God I'll bet it turns you into Robert McRee.

A novel adaptation.
I beleive I worte a whole post about this a couple pages back.
Learning to write from someone else, will only make you write like someone else.

The Future Ed Wood
hey! its late and im in a rush. i dont want to write out an essay formatted post. just a quick post. it is a good book. it gives you lots of different ways to develop character, story etc by showing lots of examples from different movies. chinatown being the most used

you always have a go at my spelling and every time i tell you im in a rush! i am. i got other things to look at and do instead of just sitting at the computer

Yeah, but how hard is it to type quickly getting the letters in order? Very?

And I agree Herod.

A novel adaptation.
We don't do anything but sit at our computers.

The Future Ed Wood
ok, so if kevin Smith was willing to give you a quick lesson in writing screenplays you woudl not take it as you would not want to end up like him. just check out the book. the reason i muddle my letters up is because im used to typing fast and using the delete key but when i type here i just type without looking up. i will try to write clearer in the futuer...i mean future!

ok, so if kevin Smith was willing to give you a quick lesson in writing screenplays you woudl not take it as you would not want to end up like him.
A quick lesson is not a book outlining a heap of rules that I have to follow. A quick lesson is a piece of advice like: "Just write for yourself."

just check out the book.
No, I don't think I'll be doing that.

The Future Ed Wood
im getting the feeling you dont like me!

you have to read some thungs though. you cant just get perfection without reading something on how to improve

A novel adaptation.
I personally beleive that perfection comes through practice, and while I'll admit that reading a book on the subject might help, I don;t think that it neccesarily works that way with artistic endeavors. In fact, the point we were arguing, was that being greeted with a set of rules might actually hinder the quality of your writing, or at least the hinder it's originality.

No hard feelings, none of these things were neccessarily personal attacks on yourself, but just the way people argue.

Well, see people.

Matt here (silver bullet, the) thinks he is ...ALL THAT! (He wrote one script for some canadian! BIG WOOP) I, think...yes I think! I think about myself in a very different way. I know I need to improve my skill and I do that by talking to others like mat who DOES have more experience the me and I thank him for the info. But he needs to stop thinking so...more better?! Yeah.

Something like that.

Mitch (Trainee)

you cant just get perfection without reading something on how to improve...
Yes, you can, as Herod said you can do it via practice. Practice makes perfect and all that jazz. Herod was right too, it's not a personal attack. It's just a discussion.

Matt here (silver bullet, the) thinks he is ...ALL THAT! (He wrote one script for some canadian! BIG WOOP) I, think...yes I think! I think about myself in a very different way. I know I need to improve my skill and I do that by talking to others like mat who DOES have more experience the me and I thank him for the info. But he needs to stop thinking so...more better?! Yeah.
I never called myself perfect and I never said that I was better than anyone. I'm confident in my talents, so sue me. And the writing of Oblivion was a big deal for me, it was a "big woop" as you put it. It's exposure, and any exposure is good exposure. I have a play that was produced, a short film that won an award and a feature that's been produced. I think I'm entitled to be proud of that. I never said I was better.

A novel adaptation.

I will definitely agree with that.
Whenever you get a film out, it does feel good, and any exposure is good exposure.

Even bad exposure. In fact, bad exposure if often very good. And thus contradictory. And so on and so forth...