Question about the ending to The Peanut Butter Falcon (2019).

Tools    

Movie Forums Squirrel Jumper
I have a question about the ending I didn't understand.

WARNING: "SPOILER" spoilers below
Why is it that Tyler ends up in the hospital only to be in the backseat of the car recovering? Him ending up in the hospital doesn't change anything in the plot, and if he wasn't in the hospital, the plot would still have reached the same ending, with him still in the car with them.

So why did they have him end up there then, or what was the reason?

I'm trying to remember all the details of this movie, because I recall the ending feeling a bit abrupt and awkward. I think you are right though, other than having a shock element, that part of the climax didn't seem to contribute much to the overall conclusion.

you may be looking for something a bit deeper than there is.

the movie was, imo, simply about living life to it's fullest while dealing with all it's ups and downs and apparently they wanted to keep it to a lighter ending.

sure, some of us don't mind those 'french' dramatic endings where everybody dies, but it simply wasn't that kind of movie.

Movie Forums Squirrel Jumper
Oh no I'm not looking for one of those endings where characters have to die, it's just I don't like fake deaths and then finding out the character is still alive, because they feel gimmicky.