Profile Banners...

Tools    

What an excellent day for an exorcism
Do a top 10 on MoFo, and put another 10 movies in your Banner using MoFo's thumbnails
That's a good idea. I did something similar for a Famous Monsters of Filmland magazine covers......

I also might just rotate a few in and out from time to time. For example, replace Matrix with The Deer Hunter in the top ten for awhile. Once you have a given number of favorites, whether it's ten or ninety, I personally see them simply as just "my favorites," meaning, no particular ranking of those favorites.

Anyway, my Exorcist avatar/profile theme.....

Seems to work well
Looks great, maintaining the MoFo favorites' visual format perfectly conveys you're expanding beyond your top ten favorites already listed.

My Godfather avatar/profile theme....

Robocop looking good! Also consider mixing up the characters of the theme rather than repeating the same character. For example, rather than using a visual of Brando for both the avatar and profile Godfather theme, I used Brando and Pacino. For Robocop, there's ED-209 than could be used in your theme along with robocop......

Of course, there's also nothing wrong with having the same character in both theme visuals, I did the same with the IT clown.

My Star Wars 77 theme.....

My laptop has been messing about which is why I've been away for a bit... decided to uninstall and reinstall a few things and test it out.

This was far more complicated than it looks

Took this:

And turned it into this:

2 heavily edited Peter Jackson Middle Earth banners

Gandy vs Bogroll:

Lonely Mountain with Bard on the lake:

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
2 heavily edited Peter Jackson Middle Earth banners

Gandy vs Bogroll:

Lonely Mountain with Bard on the lake:

I like the bottom banner. It reminds me of the Paramount logo.

The emphasis is on ordinary accumulation.You can save your favorite pictures if you see them online.