Line of duty

Tools    

Legend in my own mind
Police drama from the BBC

Anyone watch it?

Enjoyed the first three series.

Fourth series started strongly this evening

I started watching this series a couple of months ago on demand on my cable TV system. I've just finished season 2 and I gotta say it's amazing. BBC has a talent for police drama series lately. Unforgotten is another prime example.

Line Of Duty is, indeed, fantastic. Until they end series 3. After that I'm split on why it goes the way it does. I'd love to ask Jed about it.

Line Of Duty is, indeed, fantastic. Until they end series 3. After that I'm split on why it goes the way it does. I'd love to ask Jed about it.
I've just started watching season 5 now.

Curious as to what you didn't like about season 3's ending.

never heard of it but i know my carer would love to watch it, he loves british shows even tho his from new zealand lol
It's worth it. Another quality one is Unforgotten.

how many seasons does it have?
4 seasons with 6 episodes each. Season 5 should be coming any time this year.

thank you. wait more seasons?
Sorry, there are 6 seasons, with a number 7 in the works.

its all good, might be release next year then
I've yet to watch season 6, though. Unlike the previous ones, this contains 7 episodes.

I've yet to watch season 6, though. Unlike the previous ones, this contains 7 episodes.
oh u think season 7 is the last season? i have soo many shows to watch cause all my favorite shows finished till september-oct except ms marvel

oh u think season 7 is the last season? i have soo many shows to watch cause all my favorite shows finished till september-oct except ms marvel
Not sure. Up to now there are some loose ends to tie in the overarching story. I don't know if season 6 covered all that. Don't think so.

Not sure. Up to now there are some loose ends to tie in the overarching story. I don't know if season 6 covered all that. Don't think so.
oh okay i will google it and see any of my local stores have it

Curious as to what you didn't like about season 3's ending.
WARNING: "Series 3 spoilers" spoilers below
I didn't like the entire chase at the end. Kate's not running around the street with an automatic weapon, let alone on her own. This is England, not the US. For me, it's the moment when the show jumped the shark and it never gets believeable again until the end, IMO.

In retrospect, it's also when it felt as if the show was being written with one eye on an international market. Flashy stuff which will sell well overseas and cut nicely into promos and montages. I'd love to speak to Jed and ask if this was the case or if it was done for other reasons to do with the 'ending' of the series which I won't go into here in case you're not completely up to date.