🌟 Star Trek, TOS 🌟

Tools    

Yes, I'm pretty sure that this is the episode. If I remember correctly, he also turned a girl into a lizard, made a woman grow old, made a guy disappear, broke Spock's legs, etc.

The only reason that it wasn't too disturbing when she had no face was because the special effects and/or makeup weren't very good back then. As I recall, it kind of looked like she was wearing a flesh-tone mask across her face, and they only showed it for a couple of seconds.
Thanks! I just looked up a picture of the woman and you're right.
My memory of it was much worse than how it actually looked!

Ghouls, vampires, werewolves... let's party.
Was this also the episode where a female crew member comes around a corner and she has no face? Just a solid mass of skin? (Which meant she was blind and could not breath as she had no mouth or nostrils.)
If this was that episode I assume she died within a few minutes from suffocation (unless maybe McCoy could perform an emergency tracheotomy), but was later restored to life by the beings (is this correct)?

Also, if this was the same episode, it was another reason for it being disturbing, as the woman with no face has to be one of the most disturbing images in all of Star Trek.
Yes, I remember watching that episode when I was a child and I did find it disturbing, like something out of the Twilight Zone.

As a kid, as sometimes kids will do, I laughed at certain parts even though Charlie was being cruel. Like when he makes Spock stop his report and suddenly spout William Blake poetry:
"Captain, there's a...Tyger Tyger, burning bright,
In the forests of the night"

After some short dialogue, he makes Spock recite, well, who knows?
"Saturn rings around my head,
Down a road that's Martian-red."
I always laughed hard at this moment.

And the things that Charlie did to the people, like "blanking" the woman's face, cutting off Uhura's voice, "disappearing" people, etc. well, I got a kick out of it. I just had a feeling that things would turn around okay. Plus, I had seen Robert Walker Jr. in Ensign Pulver at the drive-in about a year or so before and I knew there was no way that the show would end bad, even with him acting naughty. Oh, the naivete of a child! A great episode.

And not to get people off the subject of those who have passed or their contributions to Trek, but there was another article at The Hollywood Reporter about the 40th anniversary (yesterday) of the release of Star Trek: The Motion Picture, which I still like. Lots of input from the insiders about how troubled the production was. A very good read with several pictures scattered throughout:

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/he...nchise-1258930

I know this is OS mainly but we've strayed ever once and a while, and I feel this is exactly the time here, even though it's more bad news:

https://variety.com/2019/tv/people-n...sh-1203429137/
René Auberjonois, ‘Star Trek’ and ‘Boston Legal’ Actor, Dies at 79

OMG...I didn't know that until just now. How sad, I watch Deep Space Nine every single night. Sometimes I watch two episodes back to back. René Auberjonois as Odo is one of my favorite DSN characters, hell he's one of my favorite Star Trek characters of any of the series. It's not going to be the same watching Deep Space Nine tonight knowing he's gone

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
I know this is OS mainly but we've strayed ever once and a while, and I feel this is exactly the time here, even though it's more bad news:

https://variety.com/2019/tv/people-n...sh-1203429137/
René Auberjonois, ‘Star Trek’ and ‘Boston Legal’ Actor, Dies at 79

OMG...I didn't know that until just now. How sad, I watch Deep Space Nine every single night. Sometimes I watch two episodes back to back. René Auberjonois as Odo is one of my favorite DSN characters, hell he's one of my favorite Star Trek characters of any of the series. It's not going to be the same watching Deep Space Nine tonight knowing he's gone

I'm not a big fan of DS9, but Odo and Quark were easily the two best characters on the show. I loved René Auberjonois in "Benson".

Between the three Star Trek people, (D.C. Fontana, Robert Walker Jr., and René Auberjonois), plus Ron Leibman, who was probably best known as Rachel's father on "Friends", but he great in everything he was in, and Caroll Spinney, who was both Big Bird and Oscar the Grouch on “Sesame Street”, this has been a terrible week for celebrity deaths.

Majel Barrett-Roddenberry

February 23, 1932 - December 18, 2008

The Cage

What Are Little Girls Made Of?

Westworld (1973)

As Gwen Rutherford (left) on Leave It To Beaver

As Lwaxana Troi in TNG

Majel Barrett-Roddenberry

February 23, 1932 - December 18, 2008

The Cage

What Are Little Girls Made Of?

Westworld (1973)

As Gwen Rutherford (left) on Leave It To Beaver

As Lwaxana Troi in TNG

Very nice pictures! I haven't seen Westworld in ages and I didn't realize she was in it. So she played Gwen Rutherford...was that Lumpy's mom???

Very nice pictures! I haven't seen Westworld in ages and I didn't realize she was in it. So she played Gwen Rutherford...was that Lumpy's mom???
Yes, she was Clarence's (Lumpy's) mom. In Westworld, she played the woman at the bar in the brothel.

Star Trek's William Shatner Says He Needs A Wayfinder To Understand Star Wars: The Rise Of Skywalker

https://comicbook.com/starwars/2019/...-of-skywalker/

I haven't watched the new Star Wars movie so I can't really comment on this.

First photo is an actor who was on the ruling council on a supposedly primitive planet that had been conquered by the Klingons (That Klingon Kor (John Colicos) later appeared on Deep Space Nine)...I think the people were called the Argainens (sp?) and the episode was A Private Little War (I think?) I know the episode but my brain isn't fully engaged (sic).

Second guy is from one of my fav episodes, The Return of the Archons.

First photo is an actor who was on the ruling council on a supposedly primitive planet that had been conquered by the Klingons (That Klingon Kor (John Colicos) later appeared on Deep Space Nine)...I think the people were called the Argainens (sp?) and the episode was A Private Little War (I think?) I know the episode but my brain isn't fully engaged (sic).

Second guy is from one of my fav episodes, The Return of the Archons.
You got it, except the first guy is from Errand of Mercy.

Theres a Twilight Zone marathon on the SciFi channel which is where these current images are coming from.

Recognize anyone in this shot?

I keep meaning to place her on the Female Beauty We Appreciate thread.
She was particularly lovely in the movie The Disorderly Orderly (1964) - in fact, I'd say she was the highlight of the film!

I keep meaning to place her on the Female Beauty We Appreciate thread.
She was particularly lovely in the movie The Disorderly Orderly (1964) - in fact, I'd say she was the highlight of the film!
I think I already put her on that thread a few years back. I could be wrong, but it wouldn't hurt to put up some pics of her. She's my favorite Star Trek babe.

I haven't seen that movie. I'll have to check it out.

Star Trek's William Shatner Says He Needs A Wayfinder To Understand Star Wars: The Rise Of Skywalker

https://comicbook.com/starwars/2019/...-of-skywalker/

I haven't watched the new Star Wars movie so I can't really comment on this.
I think at this point, Shatner needs a Wayfinder to understand the way to the bathroom!
I kid! I joke!

Susan Oliver
I think I already put her on that thread a few years back. I could be wrong, but it wouldn't hurt to put up some pics of her. She's my favorite Star Trek babe...
A man of taste! And I concur And that's saying a lot as Star Trek had a babe every week!