My 450 Favorite Films Ever-A List I'll probably Never Finish

Tools    

Finished here. It's been fun.
Really appreciating the feedback so far guys. There are going to be some titles coming up that are sure to leave some of you scratching your heads. Let's just say that this won't be a "conservative" list, it's going to be an eclectic mix of just about everything. The last thing I want to do is make a boring list.

Now someone needs to do 1,000 ranked movies to beat him.
I would love to see that. I think Mark could pull a top 10,000 if he really wanted to.

440 Hour of the Wolf

Many consider this Bergman's horror film, and i'm going to have to agree. This is an eerie and at times frightening tale of a man who is haunted by the demons of his past.

439 I Stand Alone

A bleak, relentless film about a deranged mind. Reminds me of Taxi Driver.

438 Pet Sematary

A favorite of mine from childhood. Don't love it nearly as much, but still a very effective horror film. Zelda still scares the living crap out of me. Those who have seen it know what I'm talking about.

At least you've seen enough films to justify a number and the lower ranked films aren't filled with 'decent but not great' films, everything's looking good so far, and I don't think I dislike anything that I've seen. Inherent Vice was one of my favourite films from last year, nice to see it make it here.

Rear Window and Stagecoach are way too low in my opinion. The first one I got to see in the cinema last year though, which boosted it for me from being a 'good Hitchcock' to probably his best.

437 Nosferatu the Vampyre

Herzog's adaptation of the famous vampire is a really-well crafted and unique take on the vampire mythos.

436 Roma

Rome seen through the eyes of Fellini. A very creative piece of filmmaking.

435 Clue

An entertaining whodunnit with an extraordinary cast of actors.

Save the Texas Prairie Chicken
I love that someone is showing some love for the very underrated "Clue".

434 The General

A display of Keaton's perfect comedic timing and spectacular stuntwork.

433 Back to the Future Part III

My least favorite of the trilogy, although I still enjoy it quite a bit.

432 True Grit

A truly well-done modern western from the Coen Brothers.

BTTF 3 is a lot of fun just like the other two. I really liked True Grit (haven't seen the original), Jeff Bridges was pretty good and Hailed Seinfeld was fantastic. One of my favourite performances of the decade so far actually.

431 District 9

It's unfortunate that Mr. Blomkamp is a one-hit wonder, but at least he made District 9. An enthralling, exciting sci-fi picture with sharp pacing and an engaging storyline.

430 My Neighbor Totoro

Upon initial viewing I wasn't too big on this one, however as time went on I began to appreciate it a lot more. This is a beautiful film with some of the most vibrant and lively animation ever put to screen.

429 Dial M for Murder

Grace Kelly

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
You seem to be averaging one per set that I've been repping. I haven't seen most of the other movies.

+ rep for Clue, Back to the Future Part III, and Dial M for Murder in the last few sets.

428 Enemy

One of my favorite films from 2014. A mind-bending thriller about identity.

427 The Aristocats

An infinitely charming classic animation with an incredible soundtrack.

426 Fantastic Planet

Another really wonderful animation.

Now someone needs to do 1,000 ranked movies to beat him.
Its like the favorite half of all the movies I watched. I decided to make a top 50 in fact to have a list of stuff that I would regard as similarly ranked, not a list where I love the first places much more than the last ones.

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
I guess I can do a Top 19,000 until I remember some more. That should give me at least 20,000 more rep.

Oh, with Enemy and Fantastic Planet, you know I'm repping that post.

Oh, with Enemy and Fantastic Planet, you know I'm repping that post.
You better be repping every post.