Movie Costume Thread

Tools    

Don't torture yourself, Gomez. That's my job.
A movie costume thread! Huzzah!

Ok so I might end up being the only one that uses this thread, but if you like to make or put together your fav movie costumes or wish you could. If you like to dress up for Halloween or fancy dress or you like cosplay. Perhaps you just really liked a costume you saw in a movie and just want to talk about it. Then this is the thread for you!

"And our credo: "Sic gorgiamus allos subjectatos nunc." We gladly feast on those who would subdue us. Not just pretty words."

The Elected Movie Eliminator
Interesting topic. I don't take much notice for Costume, but I can name one that I have always found appealing. Robocop's costume is rather awesome for a low budget B-grade action.

So I started this thread, so it's a given that I love costumes. I'm trying to learn some better sewing skills. I finally got a sewing machine (Christmas present!) and I'm getting better aiming for bigger projects.

Now I need to decide what to make next, heres a few on my to do list:

1. Cherry Darling - Planet Terror (2007)

I actually looked into this one for Halloween last year. Wanted to use a nerf gun or something like that and never really found the right one. The rest of the costume wouldn't be to hard. Have already found a few ways of making it look like my leg is gone.

2. River Tam - Serenity (2005)

Oh I so want to do this one. I think it would be fun running around acting all crazy one Halloween or fancy dress party. This one would be pretty easy, but I want to make the weapons as well. Boots might be tricky.

3. Rogue - X-men (2000)

I've always loved this coat (not a very good picture). I was obsessed with this movie, I even put stripes in my hair. Her costume was just so elegant. Gloves, coat scarf.
I'd also like to make this version of rogue too *laugh*

4. Sayuri - Memoirs of a Geisha (2005)

Ok getting more complicated now. I loved nearly all of Sayuri's costumes. This is just a random one.

5. Violet Baudelaire - Lemony Snicket's A Series of Unfortunate Events (2004)

Just watched this movie yesterday. Love love love. I want all my clothes to look like this. Imagine walking around like this every day.

Ok that will do for the moment. *laugh* I have heaps of ideas. Especially from Tim Burton movies. I love gothic stuff. Thats another post.

Interesting topic. I don't take much notice for Costume, but I can name one that I have always found appealing. Robocop's costume is rather awesome for a low budget B-grade action.

Yeah now thats an awesome costume. You'd have to be hardcore to make it yourself hey. I think its still impressive costume now! Its fantastic.

Now I suppose the modern equivalent is the Iron man

The Faun in Pan's Labyrinth, the costume was amazing. Here's some pictures on how they did it etc.

http://www.aradanicostumes.com/artic..._labyrinth.php

It's really very cool!

Wow yes! Awesome costume. Pan's Labyrinth is an amazing visual feast!

The Elected Movie Eliminator
Certainly. In fact the Robocop costume was so heavy and high-tech, the actor (Peter Weller's) lost about 5 Kilos a day during production. He sweated so much in there, they had to add in a built-in air conditioner.

Put me in your pocket...
Zenderella, have you ever cosplayed at a convention?

I've taken my daughter to a few anime conventions and it's pretty cool to see a horde of people dressed as their favorite characters. There are also alot of people who cosplay as movie and game characters which makes it fun. There was an amazing costume of Captian Jack Sparrow...he was so perfect...looked as if he was plucked off the screen. At another, there was a great group dressed as the Ghostbuster boys...complete with backpack stuff. The Sci-fi costumes were huge too...some Star Wars, Lord of the Rings and Star Trooper characters.

Nice thread btw.

Zenderella, have you ever cosplayed at a convention?

I've taken my daughter to a few anime conventions and it's pretty cool to see a horde of people dressed as their favorite characters. There are also alot of people who cosplay as movie and game characters which makes it fun. There was an amazing costume of Captian Jack Sparrow...he was so perfect...looked as if he was plucked off the screen. At another, there was a great group dressed as the Ghostbuster boys...complete with backpack stuff. The Sci-fi costumes were huge too...some Star Wars, Lord of the Rings and Star Trooper characters.

Nice thread btw.
No I haven't but I've always wanted to! I've only been to a few conventions and now I've got an idea of what people do and to what level.

I love the idea of going as River from Serenity/Firefly to a convention. I think she'd be well recognised and every Australian convention I've been to, a fan group called The Brown Coats has been there. I love cosplay so much. I find it fascinating and I love the really high level it can get to.

I'd also love to go in a big group. I probably would have gone as Go-Go from Kill Bill to the last one (as I already have that costume made) but I got scared out of it because none of my other friends dressed up. But I've learnt from that. I'll do what I want from now on!

My all time favourite cosplayer who is now a "professional" cosplayer is YaYa Han (@ AngelicStar.net). She is just amazing. I'm jealous of her sewing/costumer skills.

I mean check this out:

Oh and you mentioned Starwars costumes. There is an amazing costuming organisation called 501st Legion (501stlegion.org). Its a global group that I always see at the conventions I've been too. There standard is amazing. The costumes are spot on to the movies.

I'm loving the thread, Thanks peeps for the nice feedback on it.

RightUpTheLittleTramps@ss !
The costume Dana Hadley had on as a fortune teller in Puppet Master.

Arnie Cunningham- Right up the little tramps @ss!

Welcome to the human race...
I have contemplated putting together a Baseball Fury costume before (and I know there's a site online that sells replicas of the uniform) but I doubt I'll ever find a good enough reason to get around to it. Still, I can dream...

The costume Dana Hadley had on as a fortune teller in Puppet Master.

Ooo Fortune Teller costume. Always cool. Very nice. Crystal ball a must!

I have contemplated putting together a Baseball Fury costume before (and I know there's a site online that sells replicas of the uniform) but I doubt I'll ever find a good enough reason to get around to it. Still, I can dream...

You should totally do it! It wouldn't be too hard. You could probably cheat and find some striped PJ's and add a number on the back!

Welcome to the human race...
The question is where to wear it though. The only things I can think of are costume parties or Supanova - and since I never go to parties and missed out on Supanova this year (and didn't care too much, meaning I may not go next year either), there just doesn't seem to be any point.

I came to the conclusion that an easier costume to pull off would be Snake Plissken...

The question is where to wear it though. The only things I can think of are costume parties or Supanova - and since I never go to parties and missed out on Supanova this year (and didn't care too much, meaning I may not go next year either), there just doesn't seem to be any point.

I came to the conclusion that an easier costume to pull off would be Snake Plissken...

You will just have to make a reason! Throw a themed party! *laugh* Thats what I do

I LIKED BATMAN BEINGS costume.

I LIKED BATMAN BEINGS costume.
Do you mean Batman Begins?

This is a great thread but there are too many costumes to mention, here are a few that came to mind.

Sweeny Todd
, the entire cast had excellent costumes and just about every Burton film does. Bettleguese, Edward Sissor hands, Batman etc

Pan's Labyrinth, again every costume was perfect.

Jarth, The Labyrinth

Chewbacca, Star Wars