Jennifer Tilly

Tools    

She's my celebrity crush.

I thought she did a good job in Seed of Chucky playing an exageratted version of herself and I also think she does a good job voicing Tiffany in the movies. Is she good at poker? Because I heard she plays poker.

Discuss her..

\m/ Fade To Black \m/

I like Jennifer Tilly she is a good actress and has been in some good film's,

Bound
Liar Liar
Bride Of Chucky

Ofcourse she is the voice of Bonnie Swanson from Family Guy.

Awards
  • Theater World Award, Most Promising Newcomer - One Shoe Off
  • Dramalogue Award - Vaniti
  • Gemini Award For Best Actress - Heads
  • Fanta Festival Best Actress - Bride Of Chucky
  • Fantasporto International Fantasy Film Award Best Actress - Bound
  • Golden Gate Award - GLAAD Media Award for media professionals who increase the understanding of the LGBT community
Nominations
  • MTV Movie Award Best Frightened Performance - Seed of Chucky
  • Academy Award for Best Actress In Supporting Role - Bullets Over Broadway
  • Academy Of Science Fiction, Fantasy & Horror Films USA Best Actress - Bride Of Chucky
  • Blockbuster Entertainment Awards, Favourite Supporting Comedy Actress
  • Academy Of Science Fiction, Fantasy & Horror Films USA Best Supporting Actress - Bound
  • MTV Movie Award Best Kiss (With Gina Gershon) - Bound

Yeah she's well fit. I thought she was well sexy in Bound and I like her distinctive voice, too. She's probably the best looking 50 year old I have ever sen on film. Decent actress and all.

Looks good for her age, though she strikes me as the type to start looking worse all at once, and to fight this fact with ever-increasing amounts of makeup and possibly surger. Certainly quite stunning in her prime, however. And you've got to appreciate a woman with curves.

By the by, I love the post above where there's a screenshot of her sporting some positively obscene amount of cleavage, followed immediately by:

"I like Jennifer Tilly she is a good actress and has been in some good film's"

I'm going to agree with Bleached. The voice is annoying. Sometimes it fits the character, though. She's a decent actress, and yep, she looks good for her age. Mind you, she may be doing like the bulk of them do, and getting botox under the eyes, etc . . . Sandra Bullock, and many other actresses, get way too much credit for looking young. Botox, and coloring your hair, really help with fighting the age thing. Even so, she is very pretty.

I only own a few of her movies, and the bulk of them aren't exactly hits. I have these, so far . . .

The Haunted Mansion (2003)
Monsters, Inc. (2001)
Cord (2000)
Stuart Little (1999)
Liar Liar (1997)
Bound (1996)
High Spirits (1988)
He's My Girl (1987)
Moving Violations (1985)
No Small Affair (1984)

Not gonna lie - I love her twin bumps, but that only gets one so far. Whatever that means?

Your picture is a red X, although I did URL it. I have zippo respect for women showing themselves off like that. (She's slutting herself!) I've received numerous whistles, "woohoos", and "hot damns" in my time, and I never flashed myself to get them. I normally wear mock neck shirts . . . Thank you very much!

Your picture is a red X, although I did URL it. I have zippo respect for women showing themselves off like that. (She's slutting herself!) I've received numerous whistles, "woohoos", and "hot damns" in my time, and I never flashed myself to get them. I normally wear mock neck shirts . . . Thank you very much!

You sound quite hot.

Originally Posted by 7thson
Not gonna lie - I love her twin bumps, but that only gets one so far.

I think if you jumped on those boobs, you'd bounce up all the way to the moon!

That's pretty far, yeah?

A system of cells interlinked
I used to have a massive crush on Jen Tilly, ever since seeing her in Moving Violations back in '85. Bound is certainly my favorite role f hers, with the scene between her and Gina sending me into a fit every time. Good stuff, that. I will still sit through High Spirits to this day just to see her, and that film sucks ass. Yeah, I have seen it about 10 times.

Watch her in The Getaway for a few good chuckles, as well.

Oh, and I agree - Crackin' set, for sure.

I used to have a massive crush on Jen Tilly, ever since seeing her in Moving Violations back in '85.
I LOVE Moving Violations.

After Bound, of course, this has to be the best Jennifer Tilly film...

OK, that last one was just an excuse.

"Our pet's heads are fallin' off!"
Tilly is also one of my celeb crushes. As for you poker question... Yeah she's pretty good. She's a world champion.

Google her under "Jennifer Tilly WSOP Bracelet." I was going to post an image but the forum doesn't like me!

Jennifer Tilly is so frickin' lucky it isn't even fair. Not lucky in cards, lucky in marriage.

Don't know how many of you know this story, but Ms. Tilly is really quite wealthy and has a steady, heavy stream of cash that comes in every single year, no matter if she works or loses at poker or what have you. Her first and so far only marriage was to Sam Simon. If you don't know Sam's name, you probably know his work. He was a writer for television, show runner and producer starting on the sitcom "Taxi", followed by "Cheers", "It's Gary Shandling's Show" and "The Tracy Ullman Show". Because of his relationship with James L. Brooks and Matt Groening doing the now famous animated shorts on "Ullman", Sam Simon was in on the ground floor of "The Simpsons". Those three men are the first executive producers and creators of "The Simpsons", now in its twentieth season. Tilly and Sam were married in 1984 and divorced in 1991. Even though their divorce came just a handful of episodes into the run of "The Simpsons", because of California's community property laws Jennifer was awarded a big slice of Sam Simon's already very sizable slice of the "Simpsons" pie. Those "Simpson" checks keep going to her every year, well...forever. Sam conservatively estimates that if Jennifer Tilly lives into her eighties she will have received over a hundred million dollars when all is said and done from "The Simpsons" alone.

Which makes you realize how ridiculously rich Groening and Brooks are. Sam actually left the show in an official capacity in 1993, and he still gets over ten million a year from his initial creative and producing responsibilities.

So...yeah.

As for what I think of her as an actress, obviously she doesn't have a heck of a lot of range, but when the material is good I usually enjoy her very much. I think her Oscar nomination for Woody Allen's Bullets Over Broadway was well-earned, but my favorite role of hers will always be as Vicki in the underrated comedy Let it Ride (1989) starring Richard Dreyfuss.

But it just ain't fair she gets all that "Simpsons" loot.
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra