Favourite Horror Villians?

Tools    

Do you have any favourite horror villians? You know, like Leatherface, Michael Myers, etc. If so post your favourites here!

Mine are:

Jason Vorhees

Michael Myers

Freddy Krueger

Leatherface

Harry Warden

PinHead

Xenomorphs
--------------------------------------------------

And I have ALOT more. These are just afew.

You want to post like me?
WARNING: "unbreakable" spoilers below

I'm not really into horror. But my all time favorite villain was Samuel Jackson in 'Unbreakable'. It was so unexpected that he was the bad guy. For me at least.

RightUpTheLittleTramps@ss !
The Totem creatures of Puppet Master 4 and 5.

The Blob creature

Giant ants in Them

Arnie Cunningham- Right up the little tramps @ss!

Isaac Chroner from Children of the Corn

Leatherface, Jason, and--if she counts--the Blair Witch top off my "Favorite Horror Villains" list.

My Movie Review Thread | My Top 100

Xenomorphs, Pinhead, Anton Chigurh, the American Werewolf (if he counts), and... the COVEN!

Taking it way back, Nosferatu.
"Don't be so gloomy. After all it's not that awful. Like the fella says, in Italy for 30 years under the Borgias they had warfare, terror, murder, and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci, and the Renaissance. In Switzerland they had brotherly love - they had 500 years of democracy and peace, and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock."

Whew, I have quite a bit of favorites. I'll post a few:

1. Hannibal Lecter/Lecktor - Manhunter, The Silence of the Lambs

- Not only my favorite horror film villain, Hannibal Lecter (or Lecktor) is my favorite character ever filmed or published. The characterization of Dr. Lecter is brilliant, superbly menacing, and undeniably intimidating. Excellently portrayed by both Brian Cox in Manhunter and Anthony Hopkins in The Silence of the Lambs, Hannibal Lecter is the epitome of evil put on screen.
2. Norman Bates - Psycho

- The groundbreaking performance that Anthony Perkins gave for the first adaption of the Robert Bloch novel Psycho stands the test of time. Norman Bates is a character that is extremely ahead of its time and never fails to captivate viewers in a harrowing and stunning manner.
3. Count Dracula - Dracula

- What exp
lanation do you need for Count Dracula? One of the most infamous and inspirational villains in horror film history. The film that made actor Bela Lugosi and director Tod Browning horror film legends.

A few more favorite horror villains in chronological order:
Dr. Caligari - The Cabinet of Dr. Caligari

Nosferatu

The Phantom - The Phantom of the Opera

Hans Beckert - M

Frankenstein

The Invisible Man

Dr. Mabuse - The Testament of Dr. Mabuse

Dr. Richard Vollin - The Raven

Mr. Scratch - The Devil and Daniel Webster

Harry Powell - The Night of the Hunter

Count Dracula - Horror of Dracula

Mark Lewis - Peeping Tom

Max Cady - Cape Fear

Baby Jane Hudson - What Ever Happened to Baby Jane?

Lord Summerisle - The Wicker Man

Bruce the shark - Jaws

Micheal Meyers - Halloween

Jack Torrence - The Shining

Loren Visser - Blood Simple.

Frank Booth - Blue Velvet

Francis Dollarhyde - Manhunter

Annie Wilkes - Misery

Carter Hayes - Pacific Heights

John Doe - Se7en

Col. Ives - Ravenous

Daniel Plainview - There Will Be Blood

...a few more:

Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde (1920)

Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde (1931)

'Murder' Legendre - White Zombie

Hjalmar Poelzig - The Black Cat

Larry Talbot - The Wolf Man

Henry Jarrod - House of Wax

Frederick Loren - House on Haunted Hill

Christiane - Eyes Without a Face

Roat - Wait Until Dark

Regan - The Exorcist

Alien

Freddy Kruger - A Nightmare on Elm Street

Herbert West - Re-Animator

Predator

Buffalo Bill - The Silence of the Lambs

Candyman

Wishmaster

Mahogany - The Midnight Meat Train

the remake of Psycho is good. The new Norman bates does a great job. I saw this when I was on vacation. While listening to Muscle cars drive up and down the road.

I prefer Klaus Kinski's turn as the vampire in Herzog's vision of Nosferatu. Kinski is already a creepy eccentric so maybe this wasn't much of an act for him at all. All he had to do was tone down the yelling. Heh. No joke though, he brings a definite melancholy to a role that could've simply been used as an instrument of terror. His stalking of the wife which was pretty freakin' scary in the silent original is still creepy in the 70's version but it's almost kind of pitiful. The dude's hideous and he knows it and he just wants someone to not recoil at the very sight of him. So yeah, the dude brings some dimension to the character. Probably has a bit to do with the fact that he actually talks in the new version but let's just say most of it was Kinski's doing.

Have you seen the original Psycho Martian Leader?

yeah a long time ago. Pretty good.

Another good one would be the demon Plymouth Fury named Christine!!

\m/ Fade To Black \m/
My all time favourite is Jason Voorhees, then Freddy Kruger. There are to many to list as im posting from my Wii.

Whew, I have quite a bit of favorites. I'll post a few:

1. Hannibal Lecter/Lecktor - Manhunter, The Silence of the Lambs

- Not only my favorite horror film villain, Hannibal Lecter (or Lecktor) is my favorite character ever filmed or published. The characterization of Dr. Lecter is brilliant, superbly menacing, and undeniably intimidating. Excellently portrayed by both Brian Cox in Manhunter and Anthony Hopkins in The Silence of the Lambs, Hannibal Lecter is the epitome of evil put on screen.
2. Norman Bates - Psycho

- The groundbreaking performance that Anthony Perkins gave for the first adaption of the Robert Bloch novel Psycho stands the test of time. Norman Bates is a character that is extremely ahead of its time and never fails to captivate viewers in a harrowing and stunning manner.
3. Count Dracula - Dracula

- What exp
lanation do you need for Count Dracula? One of the most infamous and inspirational villains in horror film history. The film that made actor Bela Lugosi and director Tod Browning horror film legends.

A few more favorite horror villains in chronological order:
Dr. Caligari - The Cabinet of Dr. Caligari

Nosferatu

The Phantom - The Phantom of the Opera

Hans Beckert - M

Frankenstein

The Invisible Man

Dr. Mabuse - The Testament of Dr. Mabuse

Dr. Richard Vollin - The Raven

Mr. Scratch - The Devil and Daniel Webster

Harry Powell - The Night of the Hunter

Count Dracula - Horror of Dracula

Mark Lewis - Peeping Tom

Max Cady - Cape Fear

Baby Jane Hudson - What Ever Happened to Baby Jane?

Lord Summerisle - The Wicker Man

Bruce the shark - Jaws

Micheal Meyers - Halloween

Jack Torrence - The Shining

Loren Visser - Blood Simple.

Frank Booth - Blue Velvet

Francis Dollarhyde - Manhunter

Annie Wilkes - Misery

Carter Hayes - Pacific Heights

John Doe - Se7en

Col. Ives - Ravenous

Daniel Plainview - There Will Be Blood

I wouldn't class most of these as horror films; many of the characters are more villians than monsters, more odd than horrible.

I wouldn't class most of these as horror films; many of the characters are more villians than monsters, more odd than horrible.
I suppose it all comes down to the person categorizing the film to label it with a specific genre. I myself do not categorize most of the films that I posted above in the horror genre, yet I could see how every single one of them could be perceived that way. I think many people fabricate much more controversy than is necessary about genre-izing a film. After all; Is it not the purpose of genres to serve mainly as categorization tools?

You state that most of the characters are more "villains than monsters." That is what the topic specifies (Favorite Horror Villains), and is there something terribly wrong with having more odd villains listed as favorites than horrible ones?