Favourite movie soundtrack?

Tools    

Titanic, Inception, Brokeback Mountain, Donnie Darko and I also really liked the score in Avatar.

I think the songs/music used in Donnie Darko was second to none, especially the opening track of the movie
"the killing moon" by Echo and the bunnymen.
Real shame they couldn't afford to use these songs in an official soundtrack we could have bought. Saying that, the score is quite good, which you can buy.
Killing Moon is avaliable on the Donnie Darko soundtrack. You can get a soundtrack/score double disc that came out a few years ago.

Well you could have bought it, it's out of print now apparently, but it was avaliable because I bought it.

Dead Man
Lost Highway
Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas
The Big Lebowski
Schindler's List
The Pianist
The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly

Edit. Forgot Withnail & I. Tarantino's films have great soundtracks too.

Good whiskey make jackrabbit slap de bear.
Pulp Fiction is my favourite, perfect choice of music throughout. Boogie Nights, The Lord Of The Rings, The Big Lebowski & GoodFellas are close behind.

I prefer the Reservoir Dogs soundtrack. Sublimely funky.

The Crow had a cool soundtrack,

I also liked the soundtrack for Natural Born Killers.

#31 on SC's Top 100 Mofos list!!

This soundtrack is so brutal it kills(just like every Vangelis song)...even more epic than Terminator

We've gone on holiday by mistake
Yeah Tron had great soundtrack, shame about the film, good start but then kinda peetered out at the end.

Martin Scorsese always picks great tracks for his films, especially Goodfellas, The Departed and Raging Bull.

The original Star Wars Trilogy has perfect music throughout. John Williams is a legend. See Superman also.

Recently Inception/Dark Knight both have great soundtracks. Hans Zimmer is currently the best out there. Nolan stated that during the 10 hour flight to Hong Kong whilst filming Dark Knight he spend the entire time looking for the perfect music to go with the Joker.

Best ever soundtarck I have to go with Last of the Mohicans. Especially the ending theme.

O Brother, Where Art thou. I love this soundtrack. When I've had a stressful day it calms me down and cheers me up some...

Rain Man
The Last Of The Mohicans
For A Few Dollars More
Once Upon A Time In The West
The Good,the bad and the ugly
and my favourite

Once Upon A Time In America

And at the end of fear, oblivion
Some of my favorite movie soundtracks are:

Oldboy
Lady Vengeance(Sympathy for lady vengeance)
I'm a Cyborg but That's Ok
I Saw the Devil
A Tale of two Sisters

Yes, these are all korean movies. lol
Also, all of the songs from those movies are instrumental. They especially have violin and piano, which i really love.

While there have been numerous brilliant film scores, Lawrence of Arabia has always been one I consider a masterpiece and one of the greatest of all-time.

Suspiria
Contamination
Streetwalkin'
Saturday Night Fever
Boogie Nights
Sexy Killer
Vanishing Point
Coffy
Shaft
Dirty Harry
The Warriors
Wild Style