Crank 2 Blu-ray: Developed by Satan

Tools    

I picked up a copy of the Crank 2: High Voltage Blu-ray yesterday for a mere $15 at a used book store. This morning, I had to return it.

Why?

It would not play on my Phillips 2.0 firmware / software (I'm not so sure about this, but it's definitely 2.0) Blu-ray player. It would, however, play on the 1.0 (or is it 1.1?) Magnavox Blu-ray player that doesn't have BD-Live. But that's plugged up to my smaller HDTV.

Basically, if you have a Blu-ray player that supports BD Live, you're screwed with the Crank 2 Blu-ray, as I've found out that it won't load properly on your 2.0 Blu-ray player without a good Thumb Drive (something I never knew about until now) placed in the SD slot to give the player more space to load the movie.

I found this out after searching the internet about the Blu-ray. It happens to everyone who owns the American release. The screen will only show a tiny, cell phone screen sized amount of the film.

I was so frustrated - and didn't want to always stick a Thumb Drive into my Blu-ray player to play just Crank 2 -- that I took the Blu-ray which contained my sexy Jason Statham back to the store!

What is this world coming to when you can't even play a Blu-ray that's supposed to work in your Blu-ray player?!

Apparently, this may be the only Blu-ray on the market that does this.

It has something to do with the jazzy menu screens -- it's too powerful for the Blu-rays on the market!

I am pissed off. I expect to watch a Blu-ray if I buy one for my player. I am now worried for the future and for the future of my movies. Am I going to have problems like this in the future? Am I going to always have to "upgrade" to keep watching Blu-ray movies?!

I highly advocate high definition movies -- I think they are breathtaking -- but this COOL crap that comes with them, like all the super turbo menus and the Internet crap to make your movie experience feel like 500,000 mind blowing orgasms is INSANE!!!

The people who are making Blu-rays better get their act together and FAST.

When you mess with me and my Jason Statham, you've messed with the wrong Sexy Celebrity!

Get a PS3. it upgrades before any other player on the market, and handles all blu-rays available. Therefore you won't have to complain about the things like a menu or internet features. DVDs don't have that problem. You can just play the movie and enjoy. Although I dont buy much anymore, most of my movies are now on my external hard drive.

Originally Posted by jrs
Get a PS3. it upgrades before any other player on the market, and handles all blu-rays available. Therefore you won't have to complain about the things like a menu or internet features. DVDs don't have that problem. You can just play the movie and enjoy. Although I dont buy much anymore, most of my movies are now on my external hard drive.
Yes, I know - I've read that Playstation 3 lets Crank 2 play okay. But Jesus, I shouldn't have to buy a VIDEO GAME SYSTEM! to play a movie!

Pyro Tramp, what kind of Blu-ray player do you have? Does it come BD Live enabled? The ones that don't are supposed to play the movie OK. But if yours does have it, I am still curious....

I know this is a widespread problem - I'm not crazy - I checked a forum about it and dozens of people have this issue.

Here's a complete, 13 page thread about this not hot mess:

Crank 2 playback issues

And here's the man responsible:

\m/ Fade To Black \m/
I havent seen this movie yet I really wanna see it

You haven't told me anything I didn't know, Mister Pister.

Besides, my Blu-ray player does have a 2.0 profile and it STILL doesn't let Crank 2 work!

It's actually the Blu-ray players that have a 1.0 profile -- no BD Live built in -- that let the movie work!

Yes, I know - I've read that Playstation 3 lets Crank 2 play okay. But Jesus, I shouldn't have to buy a VIDEO GAME SYSTEM! to play a movie!

Pyro Tramp, what kind of Blu-ray player do you have? Does it come BD Live enabled? The ones that don't are supposed to play the movie OK. But if yours does have it, I am still curious....

I know this is a widespread problem - I'm not crazy - I checked a forum about it and dozens of people have this issue.
It's a PS3