How many of you waiting for Thor - Love & Thunder ?

Tools    

Comment below about your expectations and excitement about the upcoming Marvel flick Thor- Love &Thunder

The doors of wisdom are never shut. - 'Socrates'
Im looking forward to it but im wary of a bait and switch situation.
Did you know that in the 1980s movie PREDATOR the titular character was not originally portrayed by Kevin Peter Hall. It was in fact Jean-Claude Van Damme donning a much more insect inspired full body suit before he left the production which then led to the recasting and redesigning of the famous hunter.

A MCU movie is a automatic ticket buy for me, but I don't expect a home run everytime I go.

We shall see. If the reviews are good, I'll check it out. I am no longer an automatic viewer of MCU films.

We shall see. If the reviews are good, I'll check it out. I am no longer an automatic viewer of MCU films.
I can understand that,,phase 4 ahd had a bumby start.., but the MCU's batting average is high enough to make me a regular.

I can understand that,,phase 4 ahd had a bumby start.., but the MCU's batting average is high enough to make me a regular.
Whatever floats your boat. I was happy enough with the average in quality for Phase 1(???) or whatever it it is that took us through the Thanos story. The whole thing has an arc that leads to the conclusion of End Game. Increasingly, it's feeling like a job to me, like you have to be married to the franchise to really follow it (e.g., must watch the + series to learn details you see in the next film).

Franchises can grow sick on their own world-building. We always ready to complain about too little world-building, but few of us ever consider that there can be too much. These worlds are a place to visit, not live.

And yet "true fans" know more about the lore of Star Wars and Marvel than they do about the real world. They can't name three supreme court justices, but they can name every Master on the Jedi Council (and remind you that Anakin was never given the rank of master although he was given a seat on the council). All of this memory wasted on the trivia of a fantasy universe in which "Purple Man" quests after "Magic Rocks."

I just want to get out there and date other franchises. I don't want to study for what's on the final exam of multiverses and which multiverse the MCU is in. I want to be more promiscuous--one night stands with movies which will never have a sequel. Flings with TV series that just. F***ing. End.

I don't want your number. I don't want your costume. I don't want a second date. I don't want to declare The Force my religion. I don't care what an "S-Foil" is or what the melting point of Adamantium is. We've had decades of this stuff already.

Sadly, I think from what I've seen from the trailers that much like the last one this is going to be a really bright and pretty movie and maybe even funny at times. But it looks like the majority of the jokes are going to be at Thor's expense. Personally I'm tired of this trend. Thor is one of the most powerful people in the universe but you'd barely know it by the way they've treated him since Infinity wars.

I'm gonna watch it at some point but not until I get A really good deal on it. I will never pay 20 bucks to stream it, but 3.99 seems reasonable for what I reckon is gonna maybe be a
movie.

Welcome to the human race...
Based on the early reactions, it sounds like it's going to double down on the aspects that initially distinguished Thor: Ragnarok for better or worse - as someone who's thought less and less of Thor: Ragnarok (and by extension much of Taika Waititi's creative endeavours) with repeat viewings and the passage of time, I'm expecting it to be particularly bad.

I hardly watch any Marvel stuff, and no ways this would make the cut (something about villains, on the other hand…). This would clearly be something that would leave me briefly depressed, so planning to avoid at all costs. Once they killed off Loki I completely lost what vestiges of interest remained.

Victim of The Night
I think the last several movies that didn't have Spider-Man or Avengers in the title have been uniformly bad to awful and I have totally lost faith in Kevin Feige.

That said, Taika's Thor movie was my favorite Marvel film since The Avengers so I am somehow still hopeful and even optimistic.

Yeah, early on every single MCU film was well worth my time. Now it's about 50/50, and I care more about particular characters or, more often, particular writers/directors.