Movie HALL of FAME Archives & Info

Tools    

There are some I love that are long but I know it's hard to sit through them.
The point of the upcoming Worst Film HoF isn't to nominate films you love though, so I wouldn't recommend going with one of those...unless you love them because they're absolute trash haha.

Perhaps special HOF that can be longer.
Oh, was your other post in regard to changing the runtime limit for all HoFs? Pretty sure CR just meant to alter it for the upcoming Worst Film one specifically.

The point of the upcoming Worst Film HoF isn't to nominate films you love though, so I wouldn't recommend going with one of those...unless you love them because they're absolute trash haha.

Oh, was your other post in regard to changing the runtime limit for all HoFs? Pretty sure CR just meant for the upcoming Worst Film one.
That isn't what my comment was referring too. It's length of a film nominated.

I would NEVER join a Worst Film HOF

...Pretty sure CR just meant to alter it for the upcoming Worst Film one specifically.
Yup, that's what I meant, just for the Worst Film HoF.

so this is like, full exercise in misery then? def interested, especially if i can actually dig up the film that comes to mind.
I suppose it depends on how one cuts it, some would say Daisies was a 'worst film', not me I liked it but it could be considered a choice for worst film.

...I would NEVER join a Worst Film HOF
I can think of some worst films that you might like, but yet they are still considered worst films. Check out this list of worst films of all time, I know there's at least one you liked as we talked about...I liked it too.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...ered_the_worst

I suppose it depends on how one cuts it, some would say Daisies was a 'worst film', not me I liked it but it could be considered a choice for worst film.
i mean my honest pick would be Reservoir Dogs but that would be boring.

Yup, that's what I meant, just for the Worst Film HoF.

I can think of some worst films that you might like, but yet they are still considered worst films. Check out this list of worst films of all time, I know there's at least one you liked as we talked about...I liked it too.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...ered_the_worst
There are very few.

I Spit On Your Grave
Caligula
Howard The Duck
The Room

I do want to say it's a shame about The Last Airbender. I love the cartoon it's based off but directors need to stop listening to the adolescence children and grandchildren. THAT'S why they turned out like crap and why Jar jar Binks is a Star Wars character.

There are very few.

I Spit On Your Grave
Caligula
Howard The Duck
The Room

I do want to say it's a shame about The Last Airbender. I love the cartoon it's based off but directors need to stop listening to the adolescence children and grandchildren. THAT'S why they turned out like crap and why Jar jar Binks is a Star Wars character.
And why would I watch a film some else considered bad?!? No thank you.

I could name a good amount of films I have seen that I consider terrible. To start, every Ben Stiller film.

i mean my honest pick would be Reservoir Dogs but that would be boring.
You should totally go with it...and I'm not just saying that because I legitimately really enjoy Reservoir Dogs and would be relieved to see it nominated if I joined.

You should totally go with it...and I'm not just saying that because I legitimately really enjoy Reservoir Dogs and would be relieved to see it nominated if I joined.
peace and love but if i gotta suffer so do y'all

Also, do you guys think one week per film would be fair? I think one or two people suggested watching a film over the course of a few days, but I think one week should still be plenty of time.

Let the night air cool you off
I'll put the Worst Film HoF up on July 10th, the day after the 5th Shorts HoF ends.
I won't be participating in that and I'm not trying to sway you one way or the other, but I don't think the short film hof would have any bearing on what you are trying to run. The runtime for the short film hof is almost immaterial. I'd also like to make the short film hof a regular or semi-regular event if possible. So if you wanted to kick that one off earlier than that, I don't think it'd matter much. Maybe even use this little bit of extra to time to give folks extra viewing time, it seems like these hall of fames get shorter and shorter and more and more rushed. You may have a hard time getting people to watch one terrible movie a week. I could see burnout happening on that one more than if they were watching good flicks.

I won't be participating in that and I'm not trying to sway you one way or the other, but I don't think the short film hof would have any bearing on what you are trying to run. The runtime for the short film hof is almost immaterial. I'd also like to make the short film hof a regular or semi-regular event if possible. So if you wanted to kick that one off earlier than that, I don't think it'd matter much.
Okay, fair enough.

In that case, I'll put it up on June 18th.

Also, do you guys think one week per film would be fair? I think one or two people suggested watching a film over the course of a few days, but I think one week should still be plenty of time.
I think 1 week per film is reasonable.