What are you listening to while you're MoFoin' it?

Tools    

He went to my school and actually, I think he may have worked at my campus radio station too (which I work for also).
That is beyond awesome. I think I heard an interview with him where he basically said THAT radio station was where he first developed his "sound". Hallowed ground for fans of west coast electronic music; that whole collection of characters--Flying Lotus, Nosaj Thing, Gaslamp Killer--are really something else. Daedalus has been one of my favorite artists for the past year or so. I'd have to say his albums Of Snowdonia and Exquisite Corpse has got to be two of my favorites of ever.

Again... simply beyond awesome.

===

And yeah... Final Fantasy/Pallet is also quite amazing. He Poos Clouds is a great, great album.

Jean-Michel Basquiat
Francois Truffaut
Robert Zimmerman
and De Niro...

Welcome to the human race...

Another Green World ~ Brian Eno

Another album where it's easier to consider the album as a whole than to cherry-pick particular tracks.

^ I'll keep it in mind. I need to check out more Eno.

===

So this guy is very good. Just some nice, comfortable chillwave pop. Great for all-nighters; not too harsh, not too soft...

&p=88BEA3D695718E35&playnext=1&index=7

It is currently 5:05 am 10/22/10

===

Boy, this cheered me up something good.

&feature=channel

This stuff is pretty creepy, but... I dunno... WORLD MUSIC!

Keep on Rockin in the Free World
Aryn Rand being referenced in a few threads by different Mofo's spurred me to bust out

now that is musicianship.

Live "hologram" music performed by an animated characterization of a voice synthesizer... um, at least the guitarist is real?

&feature=related

Here's another product mascot or something:

&feature=related

"Don't be so gloomy. After all it's not that awful. Like the fella says, in Italy for 30 years under the Borgias they had warfare, terror, murder, and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci, and the Renaissance. In Switzerland they had brotherly love - they had 500 years of democracy and peace, and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock."