Rate The Last Movie You Saw

Tools    

I do want to see it, just not going to be in the cinema.
Have you read the books? I got 200 pages into the first one, but it annoyed me so much, so I gave up.
No I haven't read the books my friend I went with has She didn't like the movie either but loved the books

Yup! I want to see what they did with the movie, and now of course I need to see if it's really that bad... I get your point, but there will always be crap movies, books etc., and while they might not add anything of value to ones life, they might just make you laugh/smile for a while, because of their stupidness.
If you're watching it because you think it'll entertain you, that's fine. God knows I watch some terrible stuff because I think it's funny. But it sounded as if you didn't like it.

If you're watching it because you think it'll entertain you, that's fine. God knows I watch some terrible stuff because I think it's funny. But it sounded as if you didn't like it.
oh no, I do want to read books like that, it was just the bad writing and how unrealistic a lot of it was (who has amazing sex the first time they try it )

I'd rather watch Bound since it has Charisma Carpenter (Cordelia from Buffy) in it, today was the first time i became aware of it thanks to Cracked and the fact that it's a straight to DVD ripoff means it will come across alot funnier/ intentionally bad.

Also Fifty Shades of Glasgow is the finest piece of Literature of the 21st Century .

I'd rather watch Bound since it has Charisma Carpenter (Cordelia from Buffy) in it, today was the first time i became aware of it thanks to Cracked and the fact that it's a straight to DVD ripoff means it will come across alot funnier/ intentionally bad.

Also Fifty Shades of Glasgow is the finest piece of Literature of the 21st Century .
I found out about "Bound" last week, and yes I'm gonna watch it. I loved Cordelia, and she's one of the few girl crushes I have had.

An Autumn Afternoon (1962)

I'm speechless. This film was simply brilliant. I've never seen anything remotely like it. It's so perfectly structured and yet completely refreshing the whole time. Man, what a film. I'm totally stunned.

I'm curious how I'll like Ozu's black and white films (the next film of his I'm going to watch is probably the famous Tokyo Story), because -besides the unsurpassed framing and the meticulously paced editing rhythm- the use of colors in this film is one of the reasons why I loved this so much.

I also just really loved the story, the environment and the characters of this film. It's such a warm, rich, gentle, light, funny (I laughed quite a lot actually) and yet very melancholic film. I could barely hold back my tears anymore at the end. It's been a very long time since a film had such a profound effect on me.

After the film was over, I just stared at my screen and said "wow" a couple of times. Thank you, mr. Ozu. This film reminds me why I love cinema so much.

+++

Be sure to watch this film for the upcoming '60s list!

That's good, at least one other person voting for it for the 60s list. Have you seen many other Ozu films? This is one of his best and it was amazing how well Ozu went from B&W to colour.

That's good, at least one other person voting for it for the 60s list. Have you seen many other Ozu films? This is one of his best and it was amazing how well Ozu went from B&W to colour.
It's my first. That's probably why I'm so completely overwhelmed.
I can't wait to see his other films, but I'm going to control myself and spread them a little over time. It's probably not a good idea to see them all at once. This film was really special for me, though, so I'll probably watch one of his film every week, on days when I feel like the film will have my complete attention.

I couldn't be more excited.

Not currently on fire...

An interesting Castellari piece from 1977 - although it has all the usual Poliziotteschi ingredients and the director's trademark actor abusing stunt scenes, not to mention an insane plane chase finalé, there are some rather unexpected Mondo style sequences of drug taking and narcotics abuse in contemporary Rome which add a rather disturbing edge to proceedings.

It's my first. That's probably why I'm so completely overwhelmed.
I can't wait to see his other films, but I'm going to control myself and spread them a little over time. It's probably not a good idea to see them all at once. This film was really special for me, though, so I'll probably watch one of his film every week, on days when I feel like the film will have my complete attention.

I couldn't be more excited.
That's the best way to do it. I think I've seen about 15 but they've been spread out over the last two years. I feel like with his style the films might blend together a bit if they are watched all at once.

Don't forget the two other 60s movies - Late Autumn (which I thought was better than An Autumn Afternoon) and The End of Summer.

Then get back to more of Ozu with Setsuko Hara (she's in Late Autumn) - that's where the magic really happens

The Wrestler (2008) - Darren Aronofsky

- Awesome accomplishment from Aronofsky and truly admirable movie. I love it about father/daughter relationship about a man with his passion. Wow, as a big fan of wrestling I really really really appreciate it.

See No Evil (2006) - Gregory Dark

- Definitely not a good/great movie but it's a lot of fun. I appreciate it as a popcorn horror flick and it's very entertaining.
+

Saw it tonight. Definitely a rewarding film to watch. Really beautiful to see this kid literally grow up in front of you. It kind plays like a mirror of a movie because the whole time I was thinking of my childhood and my decisions. Remarkable achievement. But having said that it is pretty dull and slow moving movie. I won't be chomping at the bit to watch it anytime soon. It leaves a lot to be desired with relationships that aren't the mother and father. Anyways I am glad I saw it but definitely won't jump at a replay anytime soon. I also felt like the kid became a worse actor as he got older. I mean I guess he was adequate. But the movie really wasn't about his acting chops it was watching him grow.

3/5

101 Favorite Movies (2019)

The Bad Sleep Well (1960) - Akira Kurosawa

Probably the closest Kurosawa came to thriller. Had some almost unforgivable loopholes in it, like Wada's family believing he is dead without any confirmation, without even seeing the body and it all happened so quickly!!! It all went hush hush...Kurosawa also hushed it as early as he could...and that Nishi's picture in his father's funeral, that's just so childish...Kurosawa needed to think of some other way of revealing it...they just kept on pinching me throughout...still a very enjoyable movie though...could not realize when 150 minutes went past...

7 out of 10

Lord High Filmquisitor
who has amazing sex the first time they try it )
is this question rhetorical, or am I allowed to answer?