Anybody got an IMDb account?

Tools    

Also answers to Jabba
I was just wondering if there is anyone out there like me, who has an IMDb account and rates every single movie they see? It's helped me find titles quicker in the past and organize what I watch.

If have an account, what's your current movie count?

I do, but I just created it this year because I stopped rating things on Rotten Tomatoes. I'm not really keen on backdating all of the movies I've watched historically, so I'm just applying the ratings as I go along.

The truth is in here
I've had an imdb account for nearly 6 years. It's remained practical for rating movies and TV shows/episodes, even though it used to be a hell of a lot easier to categorize them. I still post the occassional reviews, but now it's mostly TV stuff.
I continue to miss the message boards sometimes, but I've accepted they won't come back.

cat_sidhe and dani8 have imdb accounts . in fact they came from there .

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
I did for awhile, but now I'm just doing it on this very site, because I'm planning some features related to it soon.
Hopefully the individual movie threads which could be moved to the new Movies category. I'll send you something via PM.

I have an imdb account (I also have my own imdb profile page). Currently, I have rated 6,805 titles.
Wowza.

I have 4,450 titles rated. 4,086 of them are feature films (the rest are TV/TV movies/shorts/etc).

I love it for how easy it is to sort by combinations of genre, release year, keywords, etc. When someone asks for a recommendation ("We want something funny"), it's my first port of call.

I use it to store ratings, and lists.

Disabling the forums did make me much less active on it. I would used to spend hours on it writing and reading posts, and going to movie pages and learning all the info I could about a movie I liked. Now, I maybe spend 1 minute rating a movie and maybe updating a few lists.

I wonder why they got rid of the forums. Was there too much toxicity/rule-breaking and they became too time-consuming to moderate? Or maybe forums were on the decline anyway with the rise of reddit/social media, and they'd rather it burn out than fade away?

I started mine back in '07 and it's been the command center for my seen/ratings since. I wish more posters would leave ratings on the actual pages here just to get a better feel of how certain movies are received in the these parts.

I use it to store ratings, and lists.

Disabling the forums did make me much less active on it. I would used to spend hours on it writing and reading posts, and going to movie pages and learning all the info I could about a movie I liked. Now, I maybe spend 1 minute rating a movie and maybe updating a few lists.

I wonder why they got rid of the forums. Was there too much toxicity/rule-breaking and they became too time-consuming to moderate? Or maybe forums were on the decline anyway with the rise of reddit/social media, and they'd rather it burn out than fade away?
Most likely all of those reasons that you listed.

Also I'll add: legal liability for IMDB...and the overall negative image for the site that their boards created.

I just signed up for an imbd account. Movie count is still rather low as I just recently signed up.

Tonight I accidentally subscribed to a full year of IMDb Pro when trying to get a monthly subscription. First of all, there isn't a useful reason for me to have a subscription. I have no need for this. I guess that means I'm paying to give them data on my ratings. But also, its informative, but I cant help but feel swindeled by an 'upgrade' popup.

Tonight I accidentally subscribed to a full year of IMDb Pro when trying to get a monthly subscription. First of all, there isn't a useful reason for me to have a subscription. I have no need for this. I guess that means I'm paying to give them data on my ratings. But also, its informative, but I cant help but feel swindeled by an 'upgrade' popup.
Try getting your credit card company to address it.

Try getting your credit card company to address it.
I will keep it. Whatever. $4 a movie seems too low anyways, new releases were $3 a pop 20 years ago. I see this as unpaid dues.