SONG TOURNAMENT 28

Tools    

That elusive hide-and-seek cow is at it again
always the caring mother hen ...er, I mean mother cat?

"Ever try to forcibly pin down a house cat? It's not easy." - Captain Steel

"I just can't get pass sticking a finger up a dog's butt." - John Dumbear

ROUND 1 DAY 1

The Beatles - Paperback Writer VS. Mark Korven - A Witch Stole Sam-The Beatles are 1 of many bands I've had my fill of in these tournaments. This match just wasn't close enough to vote the other way.

X-Wild Thing VS. Rag'n'Bone- Human-Someone nominated a few songs from that second artist before, and there's just something I don't like about him. The other is a fun remake of a great song.

LemOn – Spójrz VS. The Vines - Get Free-I sort of liked the second but then it started to sound generic.

Eleanoora Rosenholm - Maailmanloppu VS. Robert Palmer - Looking for Clues-A surprise vote, and actually an easy call.

Crystal Waters - Gypsy Woman (She's Homeless) VS. Lil Wayne - Sky's The Limit-For a rap song, I kind of liked the second. I just prefer disco and that first was also pretty good.

Annie Lennox-Into The West VS. Kanye West - Fade-Lennox is badass but that song did jack for me.

Childish Gambino - This Is America VS. Steve Earle-Copperhead Road-That first one has 4.5 million likes and I had never heard of it before. I wouldn't say I liked it, but it was definitely the more interesting song.

Three 6 Mafia - It's A Fight VS. Public Enemy - M.P.E.-Liked both.

Round 1 Day 1

The Beatles - Paperback Writer VS. Mark Korven - A Witch Stole Sam

X-Wild Thing VS. Rag'n'Bone- Human

LemOn – Spójrz VS. The Vines - Get Free

Eleanoora Rosenholm - Maailmanloppu VS. Robert Palmer - Looking for Clues

Crystal Waters - Gypsy Woman (She's Homeless) VS. Lil Wayne - Sky's The Limit

Annie Lennox-Into The West VS. Kanye West - Fade

Childish Gambino - This Is America VS. Steve Earle-Copperhead Road

Three 6 Mafia - It's A Fight VS. Public Enemy - M.P.E.

I've been busy this weekend. Sorry for the delay.
I'll get this thing going uninterrupted starting on Tuesday.
I apologize!
“Let me tell you something you already know. The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place and I don't care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't about how hard ya hit. It's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. How much you can take and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!” ~ Rocky Balboa

ROUND 1 DAY 1

The Beatles - Paperback Writer VS. Mark Korven - A Witch Stole Sam
No contest!

X-Wild Thing VS. Rag'n'Bone- Human
Wild Thing's original version is much better

I don't understand Polish, but I love the sound of that first one

I never knew that Robert Palmer was a dork at one point.

Crystal Waters - Gypsy Woman (She's Homeless) VS. Lil Wayne - Sky's The Limit
Can't stand Lil Wayne

Annie Lennox-Into The West VS. Kanye West - Fade
Can't stand Kanye

The first is probably the best rap song I've heard in a long long time

Three 6 Mafia - It's A Fight VS. Public Enemy - M.P.E.
The first is from Rocky Balboa. 'Nuff said

I don't understand Finnish, but I love the sound of that first one
Umm... that's Polish

I never knew that Robert Palmer was a dork at one point.
Here the first song was in Finnish.

ROUND 1 DAY 2

Dokken - Dream Warriors VS. Kesha and Pitbull-Timber
Dokken isn't among my favorites but it's still okay song unlike the other noise.

Black Sabbath-NIB VS. Volevo Un Gatto Nero - Zecchino D'oro
One of my favorite Sabbath songs. But man, why are good songs always paired together

Raubtier - Opus Magni VS. Childish Gambino - Redbone
Redbone is slightly better than previous Childish Gambino but still not even close to Raubtier.

Strawberry Alarm Clock - Incense and Peppermints VS. Walpyrgus - Lauralone
Lauralone was one of the best songs of 2017.

Alan Walker - Faded VS. Krzysztof Zalewski – Milłość, miłość
Faded has okay vocals but music is kinda meh, Polish one is just boring and the video made me angry.

Lindi Ortega - Liberty VS. Godsmack-I Stand Alone
Both are okay and pretty equal. I'll vote for the heavier one because others probably don't.

Matty Wood$ - Sunday VS. T.I. - Rubber Band Man
I pretty much hate only one music genre and that is rap so both are bad. Sunday is, maybe, little less annoying and at least it was shorter.

Merle Haggard - I'll Always Know VS. Sons ov Omega - Quetzalcoatl
Sigh, again two good songs against each other. Will go with my own nomination though but Merle Haggard would have beaten any song from previous three pairs.

ROUND 1 DAY 2

Dokken was ok. The second is a catchy pop song

Not sure what that second thing was.

Redbone sounds like a Prince song

The second was good too

Both were interesting

I don't like Godsmack

The first I heard on a Spotify playlist while I was working out once. I liked it, and I'm not really a big fan of rap

I will never understand what some people find in death/thrash/doom metal music. It's garbage. Merle Haggard's song was pretty cool

I will never understand what some people find in death/thrash/doom metal music. It's garbage. Merle Haggard's song was pretty cool
I totally understand how that kind of music doesn't appeal to everyone (I mean, it's like me and rap which to me is mostly just annoying noise). And your idea of doom metal may be a bit off considering you voted for the original and most revered doom metal band of all time, Black Sabbath

Let the night air cool you off

Can't stand Kanye

The first is probably the best rap song I've heard in a long long time

I pretty much hate only one music genre and that is rap so both are bad. Sunday is, maybe, little less annoying and at least it was shorter.

Merle Haggard would have beaten any song from previous three pairs.[/i]
Okay, I guess you get a pass for the previous bit

Dokken - Dream Warriors VS. Kesha and Pitbull-Timber - Not that the music video needed to be set in the best Nightmare movie to win, but it certainly will help in later rounds for me.

Black Sabbath-NIB VS. Volevo Un Gatto Nero - Zecchino D'oro - I'm not even mad at those poor kids, but how can they compete with prime Sabbath?

Strawberry Alarm Clock - Incense and Peppermints VS. Walpyrgus - Lauralone - I may have to look into Walpyrgus. I like the silly 80's metal, which even as over the top as it was, it didn't jump the shark like a lot of modern metal that takes itself so seriously without even a wink of acknowledgement.

ROUND 1 DAY 2

Dokken - Dream Warriors VS. Kesha and Pitbull-Timber-I don't love the first song, but I like the whole thing about it. There's nothing about the second song or artists I like.

Black Sabbath-NIB VS. Volevo Un Gatto Nero - Zecchino D'oro-The first is a favorite. I didn't mind the other but there's no reason I'd listen to it.

Raubtier - Opus Magni VS. Childish Gambino - Redbone-I liked the music from the first song.

Strawberry Alarm Clock - Incense and Peppermints VS. Walpyrgus - Lauralone-Hippy life forever!

Alan Walker - Faded VS. Krzysztof Zalewski – Milłość, miłość-Wait, Alan is a girl? Anyway, both were mediocre for me.

Lindi Ortega - Liberty VS. Godsmack-I Stand Alone-Tough call because I like both. I'm voting for the song I never heard before.

Matty Wood$ - Sunday VS. T.I. - Rubber Band Man-Neither are for me. I thought the first was smoother.

Merle Haggard - I'll Always Know VS. Sons ov Omega - Quetzalcoatl-Of course I prefer rock over country, but not that heavy and I think I've liked everything I've heard from Merle.