Befuddled

Tools    

Didn't see it.
I don't get it. Elizabeth Hurley is in a new movie that started yesterday, and no one is discussing it?

Has anybody seen "Bedazzled"? Is it any good? I like Brendan Fraser movies, for the most part. I was thinking about seeing it.

This is a remake of a 1967 Dudley Moore movie that was supposed to be pretty good. Has anybody seen the original?

Havn't seen the original, or this new one: but it definetly looks funny. It's a "gimmick" movie, but one that I think will work, as long as it's not over two hours or anything like that.

Fraser is a funny guy - I'm expecting this to be a very funny movie.

Yes...it is nice to see Fraser is still making his comeback. He's had some good roles lately. Some of those movies he makes though.... I dunno....the word, "Silly" comes to mind.

"George of the Jungle" almost ruined his career. He didn't get any good roles after that until "The Mummy." He needs to lay off the Kids Crap.

I suppose that was a bomb - which is a shame, because it looked pretty good, and had it's moments. The "buttflap" line was hillarious.

Kids stuff can be okay - Encino Man made his career basically. I do agree that things like The Mummy (action, but it didn't take itself too seriously) and Bedazzled are what he should probably stick to.

I agree.

Didn't see it.
I always liked "Airheads." It's hard to believe it had Steve Buscemi, Adam Sandler, Chris Farley, Joe Mantegna, Judd Nelson, David Arquette, Harold Ramis, Michael McKean, and Michael Richards in it.

Didn't see it.
Did you know that Harold Ramis, the writer and director of "Bedazzled" either wrote, acted, directed or produced in all of these movies?

Bedazzled (2000 director and writer)
Analyze This (1999 director and writer)
As Good as It Gets (1997 actor)
Multiplicity (1996 director and producer)
Stuart Saves His Family (1995 director)
Airheads (1994 actor)
Love Affair (1994 actor)
Groundhog Day (1993 writer, director, and actor)
Ghostbusters II (1989 writer and actor)
Caddyshack II (1988 writer)
Stealing Home (1988 actor)
Baby Boom (1987 actor)
Back to School (1986 writer and executive producer)
Club Paradise (1986 writer and director)
Armed And Dangerous (1986 writer and executive producer)
Ghostbusters (1984 writer and actor)
National Lampoon's Vacation (1983 director)
Stripes (1981 writer and actor)
Heavy Metal (1981 voice actor)
Caddyshack (1980 writer)
Meatballs (1979 writer)
National Lampoon's Animal House (1978 writer)

He's a pretty good comedy writer.

In Soviet America, you sue MPAA!
My dad knows Harlod Ramis, they went to college together. Brendand Fraiser was pretty good in Gods and Monsters, I think thats what it was called. I don't really like any of his movies though. I don't think hes that funny. This movie could be cool though.

Harold Ramis is all over the place - I'm pretty sure he's good friends with Bill Murray, which would explain his constant association with Saturday Night Live alumni in all those flicks. He's a great director...I actually didn't know he was at the helm of Bedazzled...I want to see it even more now!

Re: Airheads...that was a surprisingly funny movie. Thought it would be pretty dumb, but I enjoyed it.

Check this out, got it from the http://www.Movie-Fever.com newsletter!

Brendan Fraser revealed that he turned down the title role for the developing George of the Jungle sequel, adding, "Someone else can be the navigationally challenged king of the jungle. I've moved on."

Interesting!

Didn't see it.
I was surprised by "Airheads" too. I really thought it would be stupid.

Female assassin extraordinaire.
not really sure if I WANT to see Bedazzled. Mainly because I couldn't get over how Liz Hurley did some SERIOUS over-enunciation in the trailer. the exaggerated lipstick, white teeth and curling tongue/lips thing just turned me off. and fraser can be cute and silly but he never really makes me laugh. i think it's cause he's too goofy. he crosses that line from silly/funny to goofy, and goofy is just mildly amusing but not crack up funny (ie, Jim Carrey).

Jim Carrey IS "crack up funny."

Female assassin extraordinaire.
What I meant was -- Jim Carrey IS crack up funny and Brendan Fraser ISN'T ....

________
Life is like a gift box of movies. It makes you run into a dark room to escape reality.

Well, he is SOMETIMES...but that's not "who he is." That IS the way Jim Carrey "is." For me, Encino Man was crack-up funny at times...it really was. Not on an Ace Ventura kind of level, mind you, but still crack-up funny.

Oh ok....i gotcha. I read that the wrong way. I agree 100% with both of you on that. Frasier is just a different kind of "funny." But in the end....he's still entertaining to watch on screen.

Come to think of it....

Anybody else think that Frasier and Carrey could make a descent team for a comedy? Just a thought.

Yeah, they probably would! The odd thing is a fairly goofy guy like Fraser would then be the "straight man" to Carrey's goofball. I'd definetly go see whatever they came up with...