To all the IMDB refugees...

Tools    

I see your avatar, nice one, it looks peaceful.

You've been on 4 cruises, very cool! Where did you go and on what shipping line?

I want to take another cruise, but money is they issue....though, I'm saving my spare change and we're looking for a cruise bargain to someplace warm! It's snowy here right now, brrr.
Let me see: three Costa Cruises - One from Venice to Greece (Santorini; Olympia and Rhodes) to Dubrovnik; one in the Gulf (my least favorite one - nothing but malls in the desert); and one from Copenhagen to the fjords of Norway. Last one was in Hawaii between various islands on Norwegian Line. That one was fabulous. I would like to do St. Petersburg next, I hear it's really beautiful.

Dani, almost everyone has stopped going to Turkey. Too dangerous now with all the terrorism. We were planning on hiring a small boat for about 10 people for two weeks in the summer but no one wants to go now - they all feel it's too risky. Bummer that, I'd have loved to go.

movies can be okay...
As said before, any excuse to post this again!

Personally, I'd like to see some Muslims on the MoFo! (arguing with liberals who really know very little about Islam is a waste)
I'm a Muslim, what do you want to argue about ?
"A film has to be a dialogue, not a monologue — a dialogue to provoke in the viewer his own thoughts, his own feelings. And if a film is a dialogue, then it’s a good film; if it’s not a dialogue, it’s a bad film."
- Michael "Gloomy Old Fart" Haneke

You can't win an argument just by being right!
I went to turkey just after 9/11, wp. Wasn't a problem. I have a friend there who runs a travel agency. They shut down the turkey agenda when things first lit up recently but now back on board. I would go back tomorrow if I could. Great people. No more dangerous than anywhere else in the world.

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
^ Did anyone go to the Greek Island "Aegina" -- me and a girl I met the night before rented some motorbikes and drove all over the island. Lots of fun!

I recommend Turkey or Galapagos for a tiny, intimate cruise, Rules. Two of the best trips I have ever had. Small boats - I think the berth in Turkey we took was about 20 and in Galapagos about 12. I've never been on a big liner.
Ohh, I'd love to go to Istanbul and the Galapagos too, that would be awesome but to expensive for me. So for now I have to see it on nature shows!

Thanks!! It is good to be here!
Love that user name easy to remember too...and a great song by Creedence Clearwater Revival....Good to have you here!

Let me see: three Costa Cruises - One from Venice to Greece (Santorini; Olympia and Rhodes) to Dubrovnik; one in the Gulf (my least favorite one - nothing but malls in the desert); and one from Copenhagen to the fjords of Norway. Last one was in Hawaii between various islands on Norwegian Line. That one was fabulous. I would like to do St. Petersburg next, I hear it's really beautiful.
You guys go to all the great places

I went to turkey just after 9/11, wp. Wasn't a problem. I have a friend there who runs a travel agency. They shut down the turkey agenda when things first lit up recently but now back on board. I would go back tomorrow if I could. Great people. No more dangerous than anywhere else in the world.
That's as may be Dani but fact is, not many people in Europe are going anywhere near the ME or Northern Africa. Turkey is off limits and everyone I know who used to go there regularly, doesn't any more. There have been too many terrorist attacks in Turkey proper lately. People don't feel it is safe.

You can't win an argument just by being right!
Very xy for us as well, Cit. I cant remember what galapagos cruise cost us but it was worth it. Turkey was cheap. Just the airfare was xy. The cruise on the galut itself was very inexpensive and oh my god, the water is amazing. And the people are just fantastic.

Remember, everyone... these are the same people that put La La Land ahead of Citizen Kane in their top 250.

Let's be cautious, and open our hearts to them only it feels right.

Welcome to the human race...
Remember, everyone... these are the same people that put La La Land ahead of Citizen Kane in their top 250.

Pfft, why target that when you can complain about how The Dark Knight is still at #4 after almost a decade?

You probably never even seen Citizen Kane.

I mean, I take the absolute newest films having super-high ratings with a grain of salt because I figure they'll drop off over time. Deadpool peaked at #42 when it came out a year ago but isn't on the list anymore. An especially egregious example of this was Birdman being around the 80-100 mark prior to the 2015 Oscars and it effectively got downvoted off the list a week after it had won Best Picture. It becomes interesting to note exactly which brand-new films manage to fortify their high-up positions and maintain them for at least a couple of years (such as Interstellar and Whiplash, which are still in the top 50 for some reason).

I mean, I take the absolute newest films having super-high ratings with a grain of salt because I figure they'll drop off over time. Deadpool peaked at #42 when it came out a year ago but isn't on the list anymore. An especially egregious example of this was Birdman being around the 80-100 mark prior to the 2015 Oscars and it effectively got downvoted off the list a week after it had won Best Picture. It becomes interesting to note exactly which brand-new films manage to fortify their high-up positions and maintain them for at least a couple of years (such as Interstellar and Whiplash, which are still in the top 50 for some reason).
Deadpool was on the list? My God.

Deadpool was on the list? My God.
It's not surprising. Between IMDb's filmbro tendencies and Deadpool already having such a huge fandom, it makes sense that the first reactions would come from the hardcore fans and give it up a push up the list. It's sort of the same thing that happened with Serenity.