We're Sorry You Lost Your Finger, Powdered Water!

Tools    

In case you hadn't heard, Powdered Water mentioned in the Shoutbox today that he lost his index finger on his left hand yesterday somehow.

Originally Posted by Powdered Water
Yeah. I lost most or possibly all of my left index finger. Doing ok. I decided it was much more pratical to adapt to life without it rather than to constantly live with aches and weird sensations from a half dead finger.

Crazy. A day of firsts yesterday. First accident. First surgery. First real injury of any kind. Hopefully I can go another 43 years before I lose another finger.

So I decided to make a "We're Sorry You Lost Your Finger" thread for Powdered Water.

WE'RE SORRY YOU LOST YOUR FINGER,
POWDERED WATER!

Here's to a pleasant and stress free life without your index finger!

All the best!
Attachments
Click image for larger version

Name:	foam hand.jpg
Views:	1962
Size:	313.4 KB
ID:	21415   Click image for larger version

Name:	fingers.jpg
Views:	2687
Size:	56.0 KB
ID:	21416   Click image for larger version

Name:	KFC.JPG
Views:	1782
Size:	50.1 KB
ID:	21417   Click image for larger version

Name:	fingerhut.jpg
Views:	2323
Size:	253.9 KB
ID:	21418   Click image for larger version

Name:	ViennaFingers.jpg
Views:	1948
Size:	43.9 KB
ID:	21419  

Well, I just think that I personally would take something like this very hard... so, I thought it was worth making a thread about it. And one by The Thread Master himself.

Do you think this counts as Sexy Curse material? I think it probably does.

i was sitting here trying come up with things to say...

I have nothing. This thread just has a totally weird vibe, I have no idea what kind of emotion to pull forward...

Guess all of them would be appropiate then...

I'm so sorry about your accident, Powdered Water.

I laughed a little at this thread.

But it's a Sexy thread, so it is a little stupid.

I promise to only laugh and point fingers at SC though.

Wait that's messed up.

Have a great day. As great as it can be. No, that's depressing, just smile! Happy jaay!

I'm jealous. No wait, what? I'm angry that you lost your finger! Furious. No. In fact I'm puzzled over it, worried, scared, anxious, afraid, depressed, happy, annoyed, I'm really, ehm... can't really put my finger on that last thing. Oh yes, that's right, TIRED! And therefore I become weird and let my mind run loose. Lastly, I think I better be a little more sorry. Sorry.

Okay, I think I better leave now. Bye.

I love you Sexy. Truly. I'll give all the gory details when i can type a little better. I actually laughed so hard I just tried to point at the screen and show my wife something and it kinda hurt. That bowl of fingers is funnier than sh*t.

Sorry about the loss of a finger, PW. You're taking it better than I would. I think we're all interested in how it happened, so yeah, when you feel up to it, please give us the details.

Do we get to call you Powder Finger now? Or will you threaten to smash all our heads in and get then arrested after taking down a whole troop of cops.

(Old MoFos will know what I'm on about)

Do we get to call you Powder Finger now? Or will you threaten to smash all our heads in and get then arrested after taking down a whole troop of cops.
Oh my God....

Shelter me from the powder
and the finger
Cover me with the thought
that pulled the trigger
Think of me
as one you'd never figured
Would fade away so young
With so much left undone
Remember me to my love,
I know I'll miss her.

-Neil Young

Yeah, so don't have surgery if you can avoid it. 4 days of fever and a really nasty cold/flu like bug of some kind later and now I finally feel human again.

So what had happened was, I was trying to throw out a battery powered lawnmower that I couldn't get to work. Well, apparently it worked just fine. It had sat for well over a year and I had no way to charge it. I got it into my truck just fine but when I tried to unload it... Bam! It started up with left hand under it and I came a split second away from losing my whole hand. I mean this thing fired up full blast! It waz the craziest thing thats ever happened to me. Never had an accident. Only broken one bone. Just a very safe person for the most part. Its the cosmic lottery coming home I guess. To say I got lucky is really quite true. Wow.

Pleased to hear you've not needed surgery and you're on the mend, PW. United doing their best to cheer you up, too.