... and introducing, as himself

Tools    

Tyger, Tyger, Burning Bright
Memnon!!! The latest in apparently a long line of members...

I've been looking for a good forum to bother people on, and I do enjoy many types of movies, so this seemed to make sense to come to...

To give you an idea of my movie tastes (besides the obvious fact that I have no real specific taste), some of my many favorite movies are - in no order;
Sneakers
Dark City
LotR trilogy
Gettysburg
Falling Down
Memento
the even numbered Trek films (cuz we all know those are the ones that don't suck )
Army of Darkness
Airplane....

...aww hell, ok, as I said, I like all sorts of movies... there probably isn't a genre that I can't find at least 2 that I like.

First R rated movie I saw in a theater; John Carpenter's The Thing at a drive-in... whew, talk about being tossed into the fire first time out!!

I am also an avid reader (currently working my way through the Butlerian Jihad trilogy of the Dune books), computer junkie, I love to mountain bike (but just don't get the time to do it as much as I'd like), and am beginning to really enjoy traveling.

Favorite TV shows currently on; Heroes, Eureka, House, The Daily Show/The Colbert Report, Lost, Jericho... and of those no longer in production, but really like; Stargate SG1, Firefly (such a great show, just over the heads of too many people to be popular)... those I'm trying out this fall; Chuck, Pushing Daisies... and I think I'm going to go back and see if I can catch the first couple episodes of Jouneyman and see if it looks good.

There's plenty more about me, but I've bored you all enough already... at any rate, good to be here and I hope to have some fun!

Hi. Welcome to MoFo.

Memnon!!! The latest in apparently a long line of members...
Interesting username. Feels like it's missing something, though. A well-placed "aga," perhaps.

I've been looking for a good forum to bother people on, and I do enjoy many types of movies, so this seemed to make sense to come to...
You came to the right palce; we're very easy to bother.

There's plenty more about me, but I've bored you all enough already... at any rate, good to be here and I hope to have some fun!
Cool. Stick around. We'll say things you can't unhear.

Hi there and welcome to MoFo....

AiSv Nv wa do hi ya do...
(Walk in Peace)

A system of cells interlinked
Hello and welcome.

Oh, and, I like most of the odd numbered Trek films, save 5, which I think is terrible. The newer cut of The Motion Picture is a really good film, and 3 is fantastic; dark and operatic, and a great conclusion to the events set in motion in Wrath... I mean sure, Wrath is probably the best of the classic cast, with 6 in a close second, or even 1st, depending on my mood. Six has the tightest screenplay I think, but Wrath is more epic and had some of the best Trek moments in it...

Thank you all for the warm welcome!!

I do have to agree tho that the whole even numbered trek theory doesn't really work any more, but it is pretty funny

Careful calling Hobbes cute... you know he is a vicious man-eating tiger, right? (he likes to think that anyway... he is actually kinda warm and fuzzy)