My Favorite "Triple Threat" Performers

Tools    

I debated for a long time about whether or not I wanted to do this list, but I was motivated by a you tube video on the subject and I disagreed with several of their choices. This one could get ugly, but I've decided to go for it. Broadway, Hollywood, and television have brought us a multitude of very talented actors, singers, and dancers, but the multitude definitely shrinks when we talk about performers who could do all three. This list is going to be my completely subjective listing of performers who I believe are triple threats...people who can sing, dance, and act. This list will consist of performers no longer with us as well as contemporary performers. In order to validate my choices, I will be posting video clips of these performers doing things that they aren't normally associated with. For the most part, the video posted will be of singers dancing, dancers singing, and actors singing and dancing. I'm expecting some heated discussion on this topic and to be fair, before I actual begin the list, I would really like to see some posts on who they think will be on this list. If I know the performer will definitely not be on the list, I will let you know and I will let you know why. Once again, I must reiterate, like all of my lists, this is my opinion and my opinion only. So I'm going to give everyone some time to post who their choices for this list might be and I will then begin my list of my favorite "triple threat" performers:

...before I actual begin the list, I would really like to see some posts on who they think will be on this list. If I know the performer will definitely not be on the list, I will let you know and I will let you know why...
Great idea! I like this I also like that you asked us for input on potential triple threats. Off the top of my head I can think of a few:

Obviously two of the best:
Fred Astaire and Judy Garland.

How about:
James Cagney and John Travolta, did all three and were friends in real life.

Maybe, maybe not:
Howard Keel and Shirley MacLaine, but did Keel ever dance? and did MacLaine ever sing?

I'll go ahead and tell you Citizen that four of the five people you just mentioned will be on my list.
I'm guessing it's Howard Keel who won't be making it. I can't say I ever seen him really dance. Maybe in Kiss Me Kate? I don't remember.

I'll be keeping an eye on this thread, but I probably won't have a great deal to say, mostly because I only really care about one of those 'threats'. Don't give a monkey's about dancing and stage singing isn't my thing either.

Anthony Ramos, who, apparently, does it all. Terrific in In Treatment.

Jeanette MacDonald was big in stage, screen, opera, concerts, radio and TV.
Jeanette McDonald was no dancer and not much of an actress,,,she was singer, an incredible singer, but that's it.

Rosemary Clooney - Donald O'Conner

I'm betting they show up.
Rosemary Clooney was no dancer and not much of an actress. If you watch White Christmas, any musical number involving Clooney involved very simple, uncomplicated choreography and that was no accident. Now Donald O'Connor...there was a triple threat...severely underrated as a singer.

Anthony Ramos, who, apparently, does it all. Terrific in In Treatment.

Anthony Ramos is a triple threat...so is his Hamilton co-star Leslie Odom Jr. Have you seen Ramos in In the Heights? He's spectacular

You know there's not many really great singers+dancers+actors...I can think of a lot of actors who also sang or also dances but the 'triple threat' is hard to come by. I'll keep thinking.

That's one of the reasons I wanted to do this list. As I kept thinking about it, there are actually a lot more than I thought. I'm pretty sure I can come up with a viable list of at least 50 performers who fit the bill.

That's one of the reasons I wanted to do this list. As I kept thinking about it, there are actually a lot more than I thought. I'm pretty sure I can come up with a viable list of at least 50 performers who fit the bill.
I can hardly wait This should be real fun.

I got one, Gene Kelly

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
I love this idea for a thread!

Some of my favorite triple threats who haven't been mentioned yet are:

Hugh Jackman, Neil Patrick Harris, Danny Kaye, Dick Van Dyke, Nathan Lane, Matthew Broderick, and Alan Cumming.

Doris Day, Julie Andrews, Bernadette Peters, Kristin Chenoweth, Amy Adams, and Lea Michele.