MovieForums 2018: The Tournament

Tools    

A system of cells interlinked
Hi all!

As a mod, I must abstain from voting.

I have said it once and I will say it again - I love all the MoFos!

Best site on the web, easy. So many great personalities and so much great history - some of which I have had the privilege to be a part of. Glad you all decided to stop in and check the site out, eventually hunkering down and becoming part of the community.

Here's to more fun down the digital road.

It's freaky to me that you just created this thread, Nostromo. I literally woke up today with Celebrity Deathmatch on my mind, and even though I'm allergic to creating threads myself, I was entertaining the idea of making a thread where I pit MoFos against each other in a fight to the death. I was just going to write down "action" that attempted to incorporate various characteristics of MoFos as they try to slaughter each other in colorful ways, and maybe throw in a bunch of 80's WWF graphics, so it's very different from this tournament, but it's still similar enough to make me think that we might be tuned into the same telepathic channel.

Let me see if I can beam you my thoughts right now . . .

It's freaky to me that you just created this thread, Nostromo. I literally woke up today with Celebrity Deathmatch on my mind, and even though I'm allergic to creating threads myself, I was entertaining the idea of making a thread where I pit MoFos against each other in a fight to the death. I was just going to write down "action" that attempted to incorporate various characteristics of MoFos as they try to slaughter each other in colorful ways, and maybe throw in a bunch of 80's WWF graphics, so it's very different from this tournament, but it's still similar enough to make me think that we might be tuned into the same telepathic channel.

Let me see if I can beam you my thoughts right now . . .

I don't know about deathmatch but I may like to slap you about a bit.

Round 1

Sexy Celebrity

dadgumblah

Holden Pike

Captain Spaulding

Sedai

Ms. M

Camo

I may not vote anymore, just this for fun, and my decisions are based on interactions with members that I recall more clearly. It's not meant as a jab or a snub if you were not chosen..lol...obviously. I'm a grown up.

sometimes...

@Captain Spaulding I don't know about deathmatch but I'd like to slap you about a bit.
I don't know about deathmatch but I may like to slap you about a bit.
Something tells me you'd like to slap him about. About what I'm not sure.

Round 1

I like how some of these avatars match up. Stallone vs. The Duke would be a hell of a battle. Obviously I'm voting for Sexy Celebrity, but Ned has provided plenty of (unintentional) laughs in the past.

vs.

@dadgumblah vs. @Mr Minio
I like dadgumblah, and I envy the fact that he's never met a movie he didn't like, but Mr Minio is on his way to being mark f one day when it comes to movie knowledge and viewing totals . . . only, like, far kinkier and rape obsessive . . . so I vote Mr Minio.

Holden Pike's posts are always a treat, and I wish he dropped his movie knowledge on us more often, but TheGunslinger45 has always been one of my favorite members, so he gets my vote. Great dude. Too bad he's too busy arresting people nowadays to post anymore

vs.
@doubledenim vs. @Joel

doubledenim is a strange dude. I never know what the hell he's talking about and most of his posts appear to be him talking to himself, but he's interesting. I haven't interacted with Joel much, but he seems like a cool dude, so I vote Joel.

vs.
@Sedai vs. @Larry
Don't think I've ever interacted with Larry. Haven't interacted with Sedai much either, but he's a great moderator and he has cool taste in movies and music, so I vote Sedai.

vs.
@Ms. M vs. @Derek Vinyard

Derek is my homie. If I ever throw a MoFo party, he's one of the first ones getting an invite.

vs.

@Camo vs. @Stirchley
I only know Stirchley as the woman who never finishes any of the movies she watches, and apparently she's annoyed by everything as well, whereas Camo has long been one of the best MoFos and his absences always make this place far less interesting. I think he's one of the most vital MoFos. And his drunken tirades are also hilarious. #TeamCamo

Round 1
Derek is my homie. If I ever throw a MoFo party, he's one of the first ones getting an invite.
and I'll definitely accept this invitation. you're great Spaul

Hellloooo Cindy - Scary Movie (2000)
First time in this comp guys! Remember vote Larry...he’d vote for you. (Unless you’re not one of the names below)

Also nothing personal taken or given. All in good fun.

SC

Minio

Holden

Spaulding

Joel

Ms M

Camo

Hellloooo Cindy - Scary Movie (2000)
Who else got this private message?

Hey guys it’s your boy Sedai. I’m up agaisnt Larry in round one. Just a quick reminder, I’m a mod, that means I have the power to ban. Anyway hope ya’ll have a good day and hope to interact with you in the future, of course that would mean you weren’t banned. Your boy Sedai signing off.

Survivor 5s #2 Bitch
I don't mean to sound like a boring old fart, but I'm gonna be one. Could I be excluded from this as well? throw in a photo of a generic twink if you can't replace me... or Trixie Mattel.

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
Mr Minio is on his way to being mark f one day when it comes to movie knowledge and viewing totals . . . only, like, far kinkier and rape obsessive . . .
Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.

I'm just curious to see who I end up getting matched against.
Miss Vicky, your 1st round adversary is nebbit, the big-boobed one. All the first round matchups are already listed on the bracket I attached on the first post, actually.

Also, I agree with @Captain Spaulding , that's about how I see it as well, get crazy, let loose, have fun with the gifs, within the rules of the forum of course. Like one big battle.

Maybe a better idea, than putting us all together so we can fight each other, would be to, like, unite as one commando group, go invade some other website, and absorb them into MovieForums or something. @Iroquois on the same team as me? The universe would explode. How could we lose?

P.S. We're still doing this, counting votes so far when I get home

A system of cells interlinked
Who else got this private message?

Hey guys it’s your boy Sedai. I’m up agaisnt Larry in round one. Just a quick reminder, I’m a mod, that means I have the power to ban. Anyway hope ya’ll have a good day and hope to interact with you in the future, of course that would mean you weren’t banned. Your boy Sedai signing off.
Pics or it never happened!

Just to be clear - that never happened!