Movie HALL of FAME Archives & Info

Tools    

Opening it OR making the due date for nominations on May 4th works both ways for me.
I was looking for somewhere in mid May to start the 19 HoF and will happily move it back to accommodate the Second Sci Fi HoF. However you'd like to set it up will work for me.

I would do the rollout on May 4th and start the 19th Hall on the 19th of May two weeks after the science fiction roll out

May 4th sounds good to me...I couldn't figure out why it was amusing and appropriate until I googled it: Star Wars Day right?
May the 4th be with you.

Maybe a full week so the off-worlders have a chance to discover the HoF (up to you of course). It be great to get some new first timers to join, hopefully they do.
That was my thinking as well. It seems like the speciality HoFs draw in more new blood than the generals, so hopefully that trend continues.

I was looking for somewhere in mid May to start the 19 HoF and will happily move it back to accommodate the Second Sci Fi HoF.
Well we don't know how many nominations the Sci-Fi HoF will get,so you might still be able to open the 19th as planned if mine doesn't get a ton of interest, especially if the other currently running HoFs start to finish up by then. We can wait and see how much of an overlap we have with the HoF regulars and judge from that.

Women will be your undoing, Pépé
and May the 4th be with you as well!

We can definitely see how things are two weeks after Sci Fi opens up and gauge it by that when to start up the 19th HoF.

Hell, just for fun, I May aim for the 19th and see if it falls into place.

So this is still looking pretty far ahead, because we have 19th, sci-fi, and animation so we would start this after at least one of those are done, but someone suggested the idea of a director-specific hall of fame, and I was thinking that would be fun. I'm thinking Hitchcock, Kubrick, Kurosawa, Bergman, or Tarkovsky to start, no one alive. Anyone interested?

So this is still looking pretty far ahead, because we have 19th, sci-fi, and animation so we would start this after at least one of those are done, but someone suggested the idea of a director-specific hall of fame, and I was thinking that would be fun. I'm thinking Hitchcock, Kubrick, Kurosawa, Bergman, or Tarkovsky to start, no one alive. Anyone interested?
I'd be up for that. Especially for Hitchcock as he would be a big draw, but the other choices are good too.

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ
I prefer engaging in the Director Dissection thread for that. We are always looking for guests in that thread and are currently doing one for Kubrick.

Kubrick only really has the 10 eligible films and Tarkovsky has 7 so neither one of those would make a lot of sense...

Hitchcock makes sense...Kurosawa, Bergman, Godard(basically retired), Lument, Wilder, etc

I prefer engaging in the Director Dissection thread for that. We are always looking for guests in that thread and are currently doing one for Kubrick.
But there's only room for one guest at a time in your Director Dissection thread. Just the other day I was wishing you guys would've made an exception for me as I'd have loved to join the Kubrick Dissection along with MovieMediation, who's one of the best guest you've ever had. But I totally understand it's set up the way it is so that it can be kept small and manageable.

So anyway I do think a director Hof is a great idea and if @ahwell what's to do that sometime, count me in!

Let the night air cool you off
I was thinking a sitcom episode hall would potentially be fun. TV makes it difficult to do a hall of fame concept because of run times, but this could probably be easily doable.

I was thinking a sitcom episode hall would potentially be fun. TV makes it difficult to do a hall of fame concept because of run times, but this could probably be easily doable.
That is very cool

I'd definitely be up to do that.

Originally Posted by Iroquois
To be fair, you have to have a fairly high IQ to understand MovieForums.com.

Women will be your undoing, Pépé
POSSIBLE STARTER DATE FOR THE 19TH HALL OF FAME

We had talked about tentatively opening up Nominations on May 19. With the Pixar HoF finishing up and both the Comedy and Sci-Fi chugging along at full steam, it's looking like the 19th (Next Sunday) may be very feasible and then keeping Noms open for about a week before getting it started.

Would that work for everyone or should we move it back a little?

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
I had an idea for a HoF, but I'm not sure how many people would be interested because it would require more time to watch more movies.

I thought it might be interesting to have a Movie Trilogy HoF for any movie series with (at least) three movies. For example, the original Star Wars trilogy, the Lord of the Rings trilogy, the Godfather trilogy, maybe even three Die Hard movies, three Lethal Weapon movies, etc.

It's much easier to make a decision about which movie is better than another movie, but it would require much more thought to decide which trilogy is better because you might love one movie in a trilogy, but prefer a different trilogy as a whole series/story.

It's a good idea, but I think it would mostly work for movies everyone's seen.

I had an idea today too: so-bad-it's-good movies. There's a lot of potential for great wacko movies like Troll 2, Plan 9, 60's Batman, Sharknado, etc. Of course this won't be the same as the B-movie HoF since it's not limited by movie genre.